Windows 10: My registry key seems to be wrong type

Discus and support My registry key seems to be wrong type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hoanguyen_94, Jan 5, 2023.

1. My registry key seems to be wrong type

Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I also tested it on my other machines.However, in may laptop the machine I'm using the key type is "REG_SZ". So it doesn't have the option to change as in the tutorial.Is this an error? I don't know much about registry so I'm very confused.If this is an error please tell me how to fix it.Thank you.

:)

Hoanguyen_94, Jan 5, 2023
  2. axe0 Win User

Deleted wrong registry keys

This will not be helpful, it is more an expanding on @bro67's post.

I've made some screenshots of my registry to show how it looks like on my system.

My registry key seems to be wrong type [​IMG]

axe0, Jan 5, 2023
  3. Frogger Win User
    Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Jan 5, 2023
  4. Darkfalz Win User

My registry key seems to be wrong type

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

My registry key seems to be wrong type

1. My registry key seems to be wrong type - Similar Threads - registry key seems

2. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  3. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  4. My keys are typing the wrong keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keys are typing the wrong keys: I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have switched. M is caps lock, 1 is U, 2 is A, 3 is L, etc. It's like this for all the keys except N. I found a similar post, and the...
  5. My keys are typing the wrong keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keys are typing the wrong keys: I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have switched. M is caps lock, 1 is U, 2 is A, 3 is L, etc. It's like this for all the keys except N. I found a similar post, and the...
  6. My keys are typing the wrong keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My registry key seems to be wrong type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My registry key seems to be wrong type: Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I...
  8. My keyboard types the wrong keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keyboard types the wrong keys: It all started when I replaced my laptop battery. After that, I realized that some of my keys like the b, s, or spacebar key didn't work. I used a keyboard tester after that, and it turns out those keys got rebinded. My s key turned into F12, my spacebar turned into the pause...
  9. Keyboard typing wrong keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830
  10. Deleted wrong registry keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted wrong registry keys: Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now. Found a solution to my problem that included deleting the Config key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network But...