Windows 10: my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view

Discus and support my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so I installed the october's update and it's fine, but after the upgrade everything is slightly hidden from view. my resolution is the correct,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khidreal, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Khidreal Win User

my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view

so I installed the october's update and it's fine, but after the upgrade everything is slightly hidden from view. my resolution is the correct, 1444x1024, and was always like this, but now everything that is maximized doesn't show the complete edges. I don't know how to really explain this, so I am gonna post some pictures, but it's like if the resolution grid on windows was some pixels out of the view.

image:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aig8V_dxAEBxizDaHdSmfH8aTd2h (onedrive)

as you can see on that screenshot I took from a folder, I can't see the P at the beginning of the folder name, although, the P is there on the name. this problem happens both on the right and left of the screen but the top and bottom isn't affected by this issue, so for example, on my browser, the scrolling bar is half the size it used to be because I can't actually see half of the bar...

what could it be?

:)

Khidreal, Feb 9, 2019

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Feb 9, 2019
  4. my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

100% is the normal default setting. If it was set higher, that will make things look bigger than normal. It might even distort things. Even when set to 100%, you still want the resolution set to the native resolution of the monitor for best viewing.

alphanumeric, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view

1. my resolution is bigger than the monitor. everything is slightly hidden from view - Similar Threads - resolution bigger monitor

2. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  3. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  4. Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!: The text, and the icons are bigger. On every program I use. How do I fix this? How do I make it default size again? submitted by /u/ShirubaMasuta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0vj76/everything_is_bigger_literally_everything/
  5. image is bigger than the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    image is bigger than the screen: After an update I cannot see the edges of my screen, its like the screen has zoomed in and the edges are cut off. I have tried all the display settings, changed everything, nothing has worked. can anyone help me please? I am using a lenovo tablet/computer attached via HDMI...
  6. Display bigger than monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. why are most of my photos hidden from view

in Cortana
    why are most of my photos hidden from view: I am unable to view only a few of my photos. They seem to be h idden behing a lavender or grey curtain or fog. This only happened since Windows 10. Also they are not accessible by a relevant date- what's going on?...
  8. Application's Window is Bigger than Monitor Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Application's Window is Bigger than Monitor Screen: The window of application (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) is larger than the monitor screen. As a result the controls are beyond the reach of the mouse pointer. The window of another application (Inventor) almost covers the entire screen Is it possible to make the window of...
  9. Windows 10 resolution. Everything bigger

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 resolution. Everything bigger: Hi I have just upgraded to windows 10, everything works fine but everything is much bigger, as if the resolution has changed, but when i go on the catalyst control center it is selected on 1080p which i am guessing is 1920x1080, and on windows own resolution setting it is on...
  10. Suddenly everything become bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly everything become bigger: [img] Suddenly everything become bigger and i cant change back to normal.Someone please help me because it just automatically change. 75079

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen slightly bigger than monitor

2. 1920x1080 slightly bigger than monitor

3. the windows is slightly bigger than the monitor