Windows 10: My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting...

Discus and support My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I originally was adjusting my resolution from 4k down to 1920x1080, but selected the wrong size. Now, I can't change back because the window takes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aronos_Ahri, Dec 13, 2020.

1. My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting...

I originally was adjusting my resolution from 4k down to 1920x1080, but selected the wrong size. Now, I can't change back because the window takes up the whole screen.

I tried reinstalling my display driver to see if it may change the resolution. When I reinstalled my video driver, the resolution went to 800x600 and was able to see drop down to adjust the resolution size, but it was greyed out during the driver install. After it rebooted after the install it reverted back to 640x480.

submitted by /u/Aronos_Ahri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aronos_Ahri, Dec 13, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

640x480 resolution problem

Hi Jason,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about 640x480 resolution.

You would normally have a little window with a black box around it because basically that resolution can't be displayed fullscreen on the monitors that are in the market right now. May I ask why do you need to switch to 640x480 resolution.

I hope that you can reply back as quickly as possible so I can help you out further. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Dec 14, 2020
  3. 640x480 resolution problem

so when i switch to 640x480 resolution it is a little window and it has a black box around it

and i try to make it full screen but nothing

jasondodd2, Dec 14, 2020
  4. pchelp Win User

My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting...

Can Compatibility change resolution to other than 640x480?

I have one program (jigsaws) that is simply too small at my normal resolution (1920x1068). Changing my resolution to 1260x768 works but then I lose the benefit of the higher resolution in my other apps. As far as I can see compatibility lets me change the resolution for this app-but only to 640x480 which is too low. Is there a way, whether in Compatibility or otherwise, to set a special resolution for just this program? So it'll change to that resolution when this program runs & change back when this program ends? Thanks.

pchelp, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting...

1. My resolution is stuck in 640x480 and my resolution is so low, it makes the display setting... - Similar Threads - resolution stuck 640x480

2. My GPU won’t get a display and my other is stuck on really low resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU won’t get a display and my other is stuck on really low resolution: So I upgraded a new mobo, cpu, and ram and I forgot to reinstall windows, but when I did it changed the resolution of my monitor. I tried restarting my computer no luck, I tried another gpu that worked but my other didn’t. At some point I tried reinstalling windows again and...
  3. My GPU won’t get a display and my other is stuck on really low resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU won’t get a display and my other is stuck on really low resolution: So I upgraded a new mobo, cpu, and ram and I forgot to reinstall windows, but when I did it changed the resolution of my monitor. I tried restarting my computer no luck, I tried another gpu that worked but my other didn’t. At some point I tried reinstalling windows again and...
  4. 2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480: Hi there, asking for your help!I use my Lenovo T14 Laptop PC connected via USB-C to a docking station.Through the docking station I connect to 1 display with HDMI, and 2nd with DP adapter.This 2nd Display suddenly changed it resolution to 640x480, and the setting is grayed...
  5. 2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480

2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480: Hi there, asking for your help!I use my Lenovo T14 Laptop PC connected via USB-C to a docking station.Through the docking station I connect to 1 display with HDMI, and 2nd with DP adapter.This 2nd Display suddenly changed it resolution to 640x480, and the setting is grayed...
  6. Display resolution stuck on 640x480 on a fresh windows 10 installation using microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display resolution stuck on 640x480 on a fresh windows 10 installation using microsoft...: Hello,Yesterday I installed a whole new fresh windows 10 installation on my Lenovo ThinkPad t460, the installation went smoothly and I barely ran into any problems. the only problem I am facing is that the resolution display is stuck on 640x480 with no option to change it...
  7. Display resolution stuck on 640x480 on a fresh windows 10 installation using microsoft...

Display resolution stuck on 640x480 on a fresh windows 10 installation using microsoft...: Hello,Yesterday I installed a whole new fresh windows 10 installation on my Lenovo ThinkPad t460, the installation went smoothly and I barely ran into any problems. the only problem I am facing is that the resolution display is stuck on 640x480 with no option to change it...
  8. Display resolution stuck on 640x480 on a fresh windows 10 installation using microsoft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. 640x480 resolution problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    640x480 resolution problem: so when i switch to 640x480 resolution it is a little window and it has a black box around it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/640x480-resolution-problem/950fcf1a-263f-4823-a0ce-4ad4bd9db743
  10. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...