Windows 10: My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...

Discus and support My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/germanxocampo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/germanxocampo, Mar 6, 2021.

1. My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...

/u/germanxocampo, Mar 6, 2021

2. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 6, 2021
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Win10 screen resolution

I recently upgraded my new Dell Inspiron mini-tower from Win8.1 to Win10. I noticed that icons on the desktop were chopped-off on the left side of the screen. So I tried various screen resolutions to make the display better fit the 17" monitor. Win10 kept suggesting that the normal resolution was 2040x1152, but the identical display on my old XP computer is at 1280x1024. When I finally tried the suggested resolution, the screen went black and only an error message was seen : "analog input. Windows cannot display this resolution". Unfortunately, with no display I was unable to go back to the original resolution. So I ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Win8.1 before I could upgrade again to Win10.

Now I'm back to square one. And the icons are still chopped off. I tried the display slider at 125% scale, but that didn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting my monitor to display all of the content without getting too small, or slicing off the edges. As I said before 1280x1024 looks good on XP. Thanks for your support.

jhearcht, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...

1. My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display... - Similar Threads - resolution won’t fit

2. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  3. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  4. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  6. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  7. My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly

My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly: I have been having a huge issue with the display of my screen. My resolution or aspect ratio is appearing incorrectly. I am an artist and make digital art and I have been faced with a very annoying issue that I am unsure how to fix. So basically my screen is displaying taller...
  8. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  9. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  10. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...