Windows 10: My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue.

Discus and support My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my keyboard the right shift key is not working. What i have done trying to solve the problem: tested Keyboard with other PC everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Derrnux, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Derrnux Win User

My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue.

On my keyboard the right shift key is not working.

What i have done trying to solve the problem:

• tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fine
    • Search for new driver
    • deinstall driver and restart PC
    • Checked keyboard language
    • Disabled Sticky and Filter Keys
    • run the hardware and devices troubleshooter for the keyboard
    • most interesting for me: I tried the On-Screen Keyboard. On it, if I use only my mouse everything works fine. If I press right shift the shift keys get blue...so there is some input there. But still there is no function on it while writing. Even if I press right shift on the keyboard and the letters on the On-screen Keyboard with the mouse. If I press left shift it also turns blue, but it has a function, as it should be.

Do you know of anything left I can try solving other than resetting the hole PC?

:)

Derrnux, Apr 8, 2021
  2. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 8, 2021
  4. My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue.

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 | HP elitebook

My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns.

• When press right shift key then prints q character.
    • When press left shift key then prints z character
    • When i need to print A it prints as qA
    I didn't change any settings or configurations.

Can anyone suggest to solve this issue. I'm helpless right now.

Isuru Udesh Hettiarachchi, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue.

1. My right shift key is not working. No hardware issue. - Similar Threads - right shift key

2. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  3. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  4. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Regarding the Right Shift Key issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Right Shift Key issue.: The first instance when i found this problem,it was something like this.The letters started to be typed in the Capital Letters even when the Caps lock key was off.Exactly opposite happened when the Caps lock was on and started to type the letters in Small Letters.Then,the new...
  6. Regarding the Right Shift Key issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding the Right Shift Key issue.: The first instance when i found this problem,it was something like this.The letters started to be typed in the Capital Letters even when the Caps lock key was off.Exactly opposite happened when the Caps lock was on and started to type the letters in Small Letters.Then,the new...
  7. CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING: Since day before yesterday, my left shift key and caps lock key are not working. Theright shift key and the On-Screen Keyboard works but that is not helpful as now I cannot type fast. I know that there aremany similar topics on the internet but they are of no help to me. I am...
  8. Right shift key not working if used with two other keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right shift key not working if used with two other keys: Just recently my right shift key stopped working. I did some windows updates and it stopped working for example when creating a new folder, or trying to open the recently closed tab in chrome. It works when its used with one other key submitted by /u/sadpandaisdepressed...
  9. Right Shift key isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Shift key isn't working properly.: I got a new keyboard and right away I've noticed that the Right Shift key isn't working properly. While trying to capitalize the letter T it doesn't work, some letters work fine other sometimes type out a different letter, mostly F or S. This problem occurs only while holding...
  10. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...