Windows 10: My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

Discus and support My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First one, I am a Linux User by default, I'm developer and Linux is much better for this. And then, lately I've trying use Windows more times, mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GustavoMendel, Nov 29, 2020.

1. My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

First one, I am a Linux User by default, I'm developer and Linux is much better for this.

And then, lately I've trying use Windows more times, mostly for Games and try to use some OS new.

Here's the issue: I was try to change my username on Win10, I thought this is a easy and simple process. I go to Run > netplwiz, double click on my user, and the change my username. But, how you most likely know, is not so easy like this. oh god, is so much easy on linux.

I went go to search if it's all. But no, there is so much changes to do on my system, and then I decided forget it, changed my username back to the old one.

Later, I reboot my pc, and then I get this message when he is rebooting:

Your Roaming user profile was not completely synchonized. See the event log for details or contact administrator.

First, where I found this event log?

Second, what I'm supposed to do for fix this message?

On my netplwiz, my username is same when I boot my windows first time, never change username, excepted this one time.

On my lusrmgr Local Users and Group > Users > myuser gusta > Properties, I got this:

My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming 2c9049a4-ed40-4415-b853-8d29a63585c5?upload=true.png

When I entry this window first time, every box was empty. And then I completed with my Profile path, witch I supposed thought this is correct: C:/Users/gusta. And Local Path, I don't know the reason, but I think is this correct. C:/Users. For Logon Script, I have no Idea to put on this place.

Is that correct? Better question, is this box really make difference for my issue? If do, what I must put on one by one?

This issue really doesn't matter so much, because doesn't make any problem when I used my windows. But I really feel uncomfortable with this problem, please help me.

Thanks.

***Update edit:

I found this configuration from the Control Panel:

My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming a8a1d388-2723-4f88-84f6-17636fa98c9a?upload=true.png

My default profile suppose to be my user profile gusta, was this the point for my issue?

And what means "Profile Type Roaming" ? Suppose to be Local? When I set gusta to Local, click OK, and then he's back to Roaming.

What I'm suppose to do?

:)

GustavoMendel, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Student1 Win User

About roaming and local user profile

Hello Guys,

I have some questions,

When a user uses domain user account to log into a "DOMAIN" environment for the 1st time, the profile for that user is created at that time, pls correct me If I am wrong.

Now my question is that,

Q.1 Can we change the "User Profile" settings for the user from the client computers using Win7,Win8 or Win10?

Q.2 If we can change the "User Profile" settings for a user from a client computer, then do we need privileges and rights from
    "DOMAIN ADMIN "?

Q.3 Do we have this option of changing "User Profile" from
    "Local"
    to "Roaming" in a workgroup environment?

Thanks

Student1, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 roaming profile includes AppData\Local & LocalNow folders

Existing Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 domain environment with accounts configured to use roaming profiles stored on a Windows 2012 server using DFS file share.

New Windows 10 Pro built for testing and logged on with an existing domain account. First hint something was wrong was the "Roaming profile not fully synchronised" errors. Looking the event log reveals lots of access denied errors from the user profile service
    attempting to copy to/from AppData\Local and AppData\LocalNow.

Looking in the new v5 profile sub-folder created automatically, there is indeed three sub-folders:

• Roaming - expected
    • Local - shouldn't be there
    • LocalNow - shouldn't be there

The Local & LocalNow folders are not in the v2 profile from the existing Windows 7 & 8.1 clients.

Aside from these access denied errors and pop-up warning, including Local & LocalNow in the roaming profile is a really bad idea as it really slows down the log on & off process as they tend to contain large number of large files, e.g. cached application
    data. The whole idea of splitting Local & LocalNow out is so this temporary/rebuildable data can be kept out of the profile.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Nov 29, 2020
  4. My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

How to disable roaming profile on Windows 10

Hi Tudor,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for disabling roaming profile and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Configure advanced user profile" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Change type button.

4. Then change to Local profile.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

1. My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming - Similar Threads - Roaming User Profile

2. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  3. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  4. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  5. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  6. Change roaming to local profile

7. User Profile Service: Your Roaming profile isn't synchronized completely with the server,...

User Profile Service: Your Roaming profile isn't synchronized completely with the server,...: I have read other articles saying this was caused by a windows 10 update and that there as since been an update rolled out to fix this issue. The computer that is giving me this error has all the latest updates.. I checked the error logs and it does give the 509 error and...
  8. Locally cached Roaming Profile problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locally cached Roaming Profile problem: Hi, I have two PCs at home that I use. 1. My "Server" is an old Ivy Lake self build thats running Win 10 Pro. I use it to manage my network and run my Plex server, etc. I typically RDP into this PC either remotely or through my other desktop at home. 2. My desktop, which is...
  9. Roaming profile error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roaming profile error: Can anyone help me with this? I have already done 2 clean installs so far, and the last one I had restored from a backup on my external. I learned the hard way to back up your back up But for some reason not to long after my pc started to freeze up, not respond and then I got...
  10. Roaming profile was not completely synchronized

Roaming profile was not completely synchronized: Hi, When logging into my W10 machine I am getting the error " Roaming profile was not completely synchronised, it has been loaded with a partially synchronised profile" it has been this way for a while now, but have not had time to resolve. I have had a search around and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Seven The mobile profile was not completely synchronized