Windows 10: My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices''

Discus and support My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Basically this was happening when i used to set a static IP trough IPV4 settings then, when i set everything default (enabling DHCP automatic)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yasoing, Jun 21, 2019.

1. yasoing Win User

My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices''

My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'' [​IMG]

Basically this was happening when i used to set a static IP trough IPV4 settings then, when i set everything default (enabling DHCP automatic) it would become visible again.

The reason i wanna check it is that Im using program called Voobly for age of empires 2 and it uses UPNP
    so i could change port numbers settings etc there by clicking on modem and properties.

Thanks.

:)

yasoing, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Home Network Modem/Router & PC Security & Settings

If it is hidden, does it show any hidden in the list from the taskbar tray network icon, (LEFT CLICK) If not go in to modem/router combo or router and get the wireless encryption key and select to unhide SSID and save. reboot modem and log off PC and back
    on to PC or power phone, xbox off and on and enter key

BE SURE TO SELECT BOX TO CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY.

If you are using WPS, then the pin# is on bottom of modem or router.

then go back and hide the network SSID again. reboot modem and restart all pc's and devices

seahawks65, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'' - Similar Threads - router modem missing

2. Win 11 does not show modem/router or other network computers in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 does not show modem/router or other network computers in File Explorer: Hi,Replaced Archer VR6100 modem/router with a VX220 mid-December.Network working perfectly before 22H2 updates 10/11 boxes.All boxes same workgroup, private network, discovery and sharing permitted without a password. All have fixed IP addresses, permanently assigned in...
  3. Win 11 does not show modem/router or other network computers in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 does not show modem/router or other network computers in File Explorer: Hi,Replaced Archer VR6100 modem/router with a VX220 mid-December.Network working perfectly before 22H2 updates 10/11 boxes.All boxes same workgroup, private network, discovery and sharing permitted without a password. All have fixed IP addresses, permanently assigned in...
  4. Use modem/router combo as router only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  5. Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.: We recently got a new cable modem and router after our old one were fried in a storm. It works well for every device in the house, except my desktop computer. It connects to the router but it does not connect to the internet ("secured, no internet"). I have tried multiple...
  6. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  7. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  8. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  9. My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices''

My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'': [img] Basically this was happening when i used to set a static IP trough IPV4 settings then, when i set everything default (enabling DHCP automatic) it would become visible again. The reason i wanna check it is that Im using program called Voobly for age of empires 2 and...
  10. Nightly reset for modem and router.

Nightly reset for modem and router.: Is it ok to do nightly resets on my router and modem? Im making "network closet" which will hold my Nighthawk x6 and surfboard modem. I never thought about resetting them on a nightly basic tell now. this way i can flush them fresh every morning. or is this pointless? 89858