Windows 10: My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output

Discus and support My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently replaced my GT 1030 with an RX480 and my PC crashed (I am guessing) because there was not enough wattage from the PSU. I need help knowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Garrett Perry, Jul 27, 2019.

1. My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output

I recently replaced my GT 1030 with an RX480 and my PC crashed (I am guessing) because there was not enough wattage from the PSU. I need help knowing if I killed the card or it will still work. The drivers and everything are already installed and it worked fine for about 15 minutes then it crashed suddenly. It attempted to reboot itself but failed so I did. The card was no longer booting and it's lights did not light up. My PSU had 430 watts and i had a stock i5 4 core APU. I didn't think this would be too much for the PSU, but it was. And, if there is any way to make the card work again, somebody please tell me how. Everything else works fine but my RX480

PSU: Thermaltake SMART 430W 80+ White

Disk: Toshiba DT01ACA200

APU: Intel Core i5-7400 APU with Intel HD Graphics 630

GPU: AMD Radeon RX480

RAM: 12 GB

:)

Garrett Perry, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

In sleep mode, does the PSU power down?

That +5V PSU standby output is vital for the PC to boot when you press the PC's ON button. My PC once failed to boot due to a faulty +5V standby circuit in a XFX PSU which I had to replace under warranty. Note the only way to fully turn off the PSU and PC is to turn off the PC at the mains switch.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
  4. My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output

1. My RX480 will not boot with my PC after crash due to insufficient PSU output - Similar Threads - RX480 boot crash

2. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.: For a couple of days now, Windows Defender has been using 100% of my CPU during normal actions, not to mention full scans, crashing and lagging my pc to no end. Since i couldnt complete a scan to search for malware, i opted for a full recovery of my pc, since it was a...
  3. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.: For a couple of days now, Windows Defender has been using 100% of my CPU during normal actions, not to mention full scans, crashing and lagging my pc to no end. Since i couldnt complete a scan to search for malware, i opted for a full recovery of my pc, since it was a...
  4. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my pc keeps crashing due to CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing due to CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment: i have had this problem for a while and tried to get help a few times. i cheaked my mini dump it used to have a file in it but i fixed that. before my PC crashes i start seeing horizontal lines flash quickly acros my pc every 2 mins about 15 - 5 mins before the crash. i have...
  6. my pc keeps crashing due to CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc keeps crashing due to CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment: i have had this problem for a while and tried to get help a few times. i cheaked my mini dump it used to have a file in it but i fixed that. before my PC crashes i start seeing horizontal lines flash quickly acros my pc every 2 mins about 15 - 5 mins before the crash. i have...
  7. my pc keeps crashing due to CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is my PC's performance insufficient for OpenGL 3.2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my PC's performance insufficient for OpenGL 3.2?: Hey everyone, As some of you may have already heard, the newest update of Minecraft Java edition 1.17 will require OpenGL 3.2. As soon as I heard about this, I got a bit scared, because quite frankly my pc is a potato. It has a 2nd gen i5 intel core CPU with integrated...
  9. Updates not working due to insufficient battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates not working due to insufficient battery: Hi! I have been having issues with Update & Restart not installing Feature Updates back to version 1903. When I try to update and restart, my laptop never actually restarts, and when I turn it back on again, it tells me that I had insufficient battery and then it undoes the...
  10. my pc keeps crashing due to: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing due to: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: here is my mini dump file https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvGMaQ6iGGAaiTUmwqP6kXtK2BSL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/my-pc-keeps-crashing-due-to/aa7d3bda-fd2c-4e44-add0-28660a1448da