Windows 10: My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up.

Discus and support My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apologies if this is a dumb question, this is my first windows laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it. The first time I tried my drive on this PC, it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scope_02, May 4, 2020.

1. My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, this is my first windows laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it. The first time I tried my drive on this PC, it worked and I formatted it to store things on it. Now when I try to use it, it doesn't show up in my files. It's on, my driver's are all updated and my device managers recognizes that it's there. Any help?

Pic 1

pic 2

submitted by /u/Scope_02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scope_02, May 4, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, May 4, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 4, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up.

SanDisk Introduces Breakthrough USB 3.0 Flash Drives

SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today launched two new, USB 3.0 flash drives - the 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive, the world's smallest USB 3.0; and the 256GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive, SanDisk's highest capacity USB flash drive to-date. The new offerings enhance SanDisk's award-winning USB line-up with impressive capacities and performance, delivering speeds up to 10 times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive. With these higher capacities, consumers can now save more of their favorite videos, photos and music on their laptops, TVs, gaming consoles or other entertainment systems.

"The quality of content consumers create and consume continues to increase, generating higher demand for more sophisticated digital storage," said Philippe Willams, director of product marketing, SanDisk. "With remarkable USB 3.0 speed and compact designs, our new high-capacity USBs let users enjoy even more of their favorite content without having to even think about running out of space. SanDisk is constantly engaging in new ways to leverage our flash memory expertise and deliver innovative, reliable solutions that really make a difference in consumers' daily lives."

My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up. 8b_thm.jpg

My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up. 8a_thm.jpg

World's Smallest 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    The award-winning SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive now comes in capacities up to 128GB, capable of storing up to 16 hours of Full HD video in a package smaller than a dime. Featuring a low-profile, plug-and-stay design, this tiny flash drive delivers impressive capacity combined with high transfer speeds for media enthusiasts who want to expand storage of their notebook, tablet, TV, in-car audio system, gaming console and more. SanDisk doubled the capacity of the SanDisk Ultra Fit USB product within a year from its initial launch of the 64GB capacity, to meet growing consumer demand to keep more content on their systems. The new drive also delivers exceptional performance. The 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive provides blazing speeds of up to 130MB/s. This speed allows users to move content up to 10 times faster than with standard USB 2.0 drives, such as transferring a full-length movie in less 40 seconds.

SanDisk's Highest Capacity USB Flash Drive Ever
    The sleek SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive, a popular choice for moving massive files quickly, now comes in capacities up to 256GB. SanDisk's first-ever USB offering to achieve 256GB capacity was designed to meet consumers' demand for more digital storage. They can now carry all of their favorite media, including high-resolution photos, MP3s, videos, presentations, and graphic files, in one small, portable device. With transfer speeds of up to 100MB/s, the SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive reduces the time spent waiting for files to move from the flash drive to the computer. Similar to the SanDisk Ultra Fit 3.0 Flash Drive, it can move large files up to ten times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive.

SanDisk's new USB 3.0 offerings feature a five-year warranty; include SanDisk SecureAccess software to keep private files safe with password protection and 128-bit encryption5; and come with a year's subscription to RescuePRO software6 to recover lost or corrupted files.

Pricing and Availability
    The 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive is priced at an MSRP of $119.99, and the 256GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 is priced at an MSRP of $199.99.

btarunr, May 4, 2020
Thema:

My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up.

1. My sandisk USB drive isn't showing up. - Similar Threads - sandisk USB drive

2. SanDisk USB Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SanDisk USB Drive Not Working: I have 2 SanDisk USB drives that are not working. Drivers for the devices don't install or anything. Both of them on this machine gives me a Code 28 error. Even after trying to uninstall the device, running sfc scan, and doing a chkdsk I still get nothing. The only thing I...
  3. SanDisk USB Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SanDisk USB Drive Not Working: I have 2 SanDisk USB drives that are not working. Drivers for the devices don't install or anything. Both of them on this machine gives me a Code 28 error. Even after trying to uninstall the device, running sfc scan, and doing a chkdsk I still get nothing. The only thing I...
  4. My drive isn't showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My drive isn't showing up: I had to take down my computer due to work that was being done to my apartment. When I put it all back this morning only one of my external HDs showed up. The computers OS is Windows 10 Home Pro and I can't find my external HD in the Device Manager even. Can someone give me a...
  5. There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.: I've been trying to format this USB for quite a while, and still had no luck. I've tried formatting it on linux, android and windows. I get the message "There is a problem with this drive" and it shows folders inside the usb but not the content. The content is not much of a...
  6. There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.

There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.: I've been trying to format this USB for quite a while, and still had no luck. I've tried formatting it on linux, android and windows. I get the message "There is a problem with this drive" and it shows folders inside the usb but not the content. The content is not much of a...
  7. My usb drive not showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My usb drive not showing up: Hi, The issue started when i was moving some files from my computer to the usb suddenly the speed of writing became 0 bytes so i canceled the transfer and i unplugged the usb after thta i noticed that my file explorer in task manager was showing 700 mb per second in the disk...
  8. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  9. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  10. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming