Windows 10: My saved document has disappeared...

Discus and support My saved document has disappeared... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was in the middle of typing a long letter. When I stopped typing today, I saved it under a title I had used previously since I had already deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Annettiedogg, Jan 17, 2019.

1. My saved document has disappeared...

I was in the middle of typing a long letter. When I stopped typing today, I saved it under a title I had used previously since I had already deleted that text. The system asked told me I already had a document titled "EddieJan3rd" and did I want to replace it. I clicked on "Yes", but just now when I went on to finish my new letter, the old one under "EddieJan3rd" is the one that appears. My new letter has somehow disappeared. Sometimes, you get a notification saying you didn't close correctly and do you want to restore the new document, but nothing like that has appeared. Can I get my newest letter back???

:)

Annettiedogg, Jan 17, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jan 17, 2019
  3. template work document saved then disappeared

Hi,

I downloaded a word template document from my Uni site. I enabled editing and save the document. It appeared to saved in the default location of Temp files. I worked on the document for a few hours, saving it regularly, but when I returned a couple of hours
    later the document had disappeared along with all my work. Is there a way of retrieving the document or is it lost? Thanks

Leanne (lwhit136), Jan 17, 2019
  4. My saved document has disappeared...

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

My saved document has disappeared...

1. My saved document has disappeared... - Similar Threads - saved document has

2. My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...: My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and letters etc. I need help to change back to what it was and seek advice. It surely has to be in settings....
  3. My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...: My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and letters etc. I need help to change back to what it was and seek advice. It surely has to be in settings....
  4. Folder has disappeared from Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder has disappeared from Documents: A folder has disappeared from Documents. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-has-disappeared-from-documents/fc93dbf9-81f8-44d9-ba1b-c8576bdad0de
  5. My Documents folder has disappeared

My Documents folder has disappeared: Following a recent update I can no longer find or access my "My Documents" folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder-has-disappeared/a16e37dd-d2de-4f6d-86e3-eb2e32c5cdd7
  6. My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning

in Windows 10 Support
    My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning: Brand new to Ten Forums, and man do I need help. My complete Word Documents File disappeared last week, and I have been unable to retrieve them. These are all saved documents, compiled over several years, that cannot be found. Took my laptop to the local computer gurus but no...
  7. Why my document disappeared?

Why my document disappeared?: Today 28/5/2020, while the computer is on, someone of my family member take out the battery from the computer. After I put it again, the computer said that it can't sign in my account and said that if I didn't sign out the computer, file I create will be deleted after I turn...
  8. Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder

Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder: Logged onto my Microsoft computer today and the most important folder in my Documents folder has disappeared. The whole folder including all the documents is gone. When I go into another application like Word and look at the recent documents I can find a document that was in...
  9. The dictate option has completely disappeared from my documents?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The dictate option has completely disappeared from my documents?: The dictate option has completely disappeared from my documents??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictate/de262791-fe4a-49e4-aa50-d40be231e7ba
  10. Word document disappeared after saving

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document disappeared after saving: I keep a journal and try to update it daily. This morning I updated the journal and got an error message that Normal.dot was being overwritten and did I want to do that? No. Then I got another message that said my file was read only. Hmm. I look again and it says Normal.dot...