Windows 10: My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

Discus and support My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on a saved word document that I want to revise a blank screen appears. How can I retrieve my saved documents?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Caitrin, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Caitrin Win User

My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

When I click on a saved word document that I want to revise a blank screen appears. How can I retrieve my saved documents?

:)

Caitrin, Apr 25, 2019
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

My saved word documents open to a blank screen.  How can I retrieve these saved documents? [​IMG]

3. David Haz Win User
    my document that i save us coming up blank

Hi Jude,

If a saved document is coming up blank when opening it, it could be that the document is corrupted when it was saved, or that the document was not properly saved, etc. For us to isolate the issue about a document that opens up blank, kindly respond to the
    question below:

• What application are you using to open or save the document?
    • Is the issue specific to one document or with every document that you open?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Apr 25, 2019
  4. My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

word documents saved as wordpad documents

I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents.

How do I correct this? I want the save as Word documents, as I did in the past.

Thank you.

desertbronze, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

1. My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents? - Similar Threads - saved word documents

2. Can I save a document that is either a Neat Office or Word Pad document then save it as a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I save a document that is either a Neat Office or Word Pad document then save it as a...: I used to use word pad WAY back when I 1st began using PCs and there really wasn't anything else because that's what came installed on my computer. Problem is, I cannot open them using the Word program. So I looked at the Microsoft store for an app that would open them and...
  3. Can I save a document that is either a Neat Office or Word Pad document then save it as a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save a document that is either a Neat Office or Word Pad document then save it as a...: I used to use word pad WAY back when I 1st began using PCs and there really wasn't anything else because that's what came installed on my computer. Problem is, I cannot open them using the Word program. So I looked at the Microsoft store for an app that would open them and...
  4. Can I save a document that is either a Neat Office or Word Pad document then save it as a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad

how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad: how to retrieve a saved over document that was in word pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-saved-over-document-in-word-pad/39b4cf16-9300-40a5-8f76-dea08e7b58b7
  6. Saving Word Documents

Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  8. Saved Notepad document opening blank

Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my saved word docs are blank

2. my word document is opening blank

3. saved word doc is blank

4. how to retrieve word documents with black screen