Windows 10: My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the upgrade to Windows 10, my scanner Canon MX300 stopped scanning but it is still able to print. I tried to update drivers but Windows informs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cody Justices, Feb 6, 2019.

1. My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10

After the upgrade to Windows 10, my scanner Canon MX300 stopped scanning but it is still able to print. I tried to update drivers but Windows informs that the drivers are updated. What’s your advise?

:)

Cody Justices, Feb 6, 2019

2. Canon P -215 Scanner has stopped working after latest upgrade of Windows 10.

Original title: Pawan Chopra

Canon P -215 Scanner has stopped working after latest upgrade of Windows 10? It scans but does not allow saving of scans! Any suggestions on fixing this

PawanChopra, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - changing scanner

Thanks, Andre, and thanks for the screenshots. I deleted all my scanners except one (the
    Epson WF-7720 MFC). Windows Fax & Scan still tried to use another scanner, even though it was no longer showing on the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners screen nor the Device manager > Printers list. I found that scanner
    hiding in Device Manager > Imaging Devices and deleted it there.

Now when I try to start a scan, Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected..." Same error message when I use Ethan's Tools > Scan Settings suggestion. After that
    error message there is no screen to change/choose a scanner. Arghh.

Note that I can use the Epson scanner just fine with most other software:

• Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists all my scanners (and a webcam My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10 :) and I can select my Epson and scan OK.
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists nothing. Apparently, that is a known bug in the 64 bit version. Maybe that is
      a clue why Windows Fax and Scan can't see my scanner?
    • Epson Scan 2 works (it should; it came with the Epson WF-7720 MFC). Strangely, it lists two scanners: "Epson WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 01)" and "Epson
      WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 02)".
    • NAPS2 ("Not Another PDF Scanner") has a Profiles button that shows my Epson scanner and scans OK. Interestingly, when I use that Profiles button to add a new scanner and select WIA driver, nothing is listed. When I
      select TWAIN Driver, I see the Windows Select Source screen that lists all my scanners (and a webcam My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10 :) (just like PaintShop Pro above). Maybe Windows Fax and Scan only sees WIA devices and not TWAIN devices??

David the IT Guy, Feb 6, 2019
  4. My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10

unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10

1. My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - scanner stopped scanning

2. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  3. Hi, after an update on the 6th of May my barode scanner LI4278 has stopped scanning into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, after an update on the 6th of May my barode scanner LI4278 has stopped scanning into...: It only grabs sone of the numbers, and we need to hit enter or the down button for the remainder to populate. This only started occurring after the Microsoft update was done. The scanner still scans to word and excel with no problem. We tried reconfiguring the scanner- didn't...
  4. Hi, after an update on the 6th of May my barode scanner LI4278 has stopped scanning into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, after an update on the 6th of May my barode scanner LI4278 has stopped scanning into...: It only grabs sone of the numbers, and we need to hit enter or the down button for the remainder to populate. This only started occurring after the Microsoft update was done. The scanner still scans to word and excel with no problem. We tried reconfiguring the scanner- didn't...
  5. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner: This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so I'm posting again. I have a new Xerox Workcentre 6515 all-in-one printer/scanner. The printing side of it works fine, from...
  6. scanner not scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  7. RICOH Network scanner stops scanning after every windows update

RICOH Network scanner stops scanning after every windows update: We are a small company with 10 win 10 PC stations (DELL laptops). We use a RICOH Aficio network printer/scanner to print and scan. Mainly scan. Some of the laptops stop scanning after windows updates. There is no pattern. It happens to some of the laptops, not all, not...
  8. Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update: I have been using an HP 1536dnf MFP for several years to print and scan in Win 10 with no problems. Ever since installing the October update last week my system won't recognize the scanner function of my printer. When I launch Scan I get the message, "To get started,...
  9. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my...
  10. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c224e scan to folder windows 10 pro

2. troubleshooting after last w10 upgrade stopped my scanner working

3. twain no longer works win 1903

4. windows 10 epson workforce 633 stopped scanning,
  5. twain driver win 10 stop working