Windows 10: My scans wont work

Discus and support My scans wont work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I decided to scan my laptop and it got stuck half way for atleast 10 minutes so i cancelled it and did an offline scan and it was getting close to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alexrobbins2, Mar 30, 2020.

1. My scans wont work

I decided to scan my laptop and it got stuck half way for atleast 10 minutes so i cancelled it and did an offline scan and it was getting close to being done but all of a sudden it closes the thing and restarts the laptop before it could finish then I tried another quick scan but it got stuck half way again.

How do I fix this?

:)

alexrobbins2, Mar 30, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

My scans wont work

Task bar wont work

Hi,

It is possible that there are
    system files and system image files
    that was
    corrupted
    during the update which is causing the issue to occur. To resolve this, we suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and see if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

My scans wont work

1. My scans wont work - Similar Threads - scans wont

2. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  3. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  4. Offline Scan wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline Scan wont run: When I try to run an Offline Scan on my Galaxy Book 3 it's 4 months old and runs Windows 11 the reboot starts but then a command line screen flashes on the screen momentarily, the screen then goes blue for a few seconds the PC then reboots as normal but no scan has taken...
  5. Offline Scan wont run

Offline Scan wont run: When I try to run an Offline Scan on my Galaxy Book 3 it's 4 months old and runs Windows 11 the reboot starts but then a command line screen flashes on the screen momentarily, the screen then goes blue for a few seconds the PC then reboots as normal but no scan has taken...
  6. I countinously see Red stripes over my screen and the PC wont boot. I even tried to Scan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I countinously see Red stripes over my screen and the PC wont boot. I even tried to Scan...: ,,,,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-countinously-see-red-stripes-over-my-screen-and/194fa387-41c1-4f62-9ca6-fa2a8212ebac
  7. I countinously see Red stripes over my screen and the PC wont boot. I even tried to Scan...

I countinously see Red stripes over my screen and the PC wont boot. I even tried to Scan...: ,,,,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-countinously-see-red-stripes-over-my-screen-and/194fa387-41c1-4f62-9ca6-fa2a8212ebac
  8. Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...: I already tried updating my antivirus software, it didn't make a difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-download-anything-it-says/39a3f277-bdc3-491f-a795-f617f195d825
  9. Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...

Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...: I already tried updating my antivirus software, it didn't make a difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-download-anything-it-says/39a3f277-bdc3-491f-a795-f617f195d825
  10. Realtek Audio Uninstalled and wont Reinstall Despite Scan for New Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Uninstalled and wont Reinstall Despite Scan for New Hardware: Hello, so I encountered a problem earlier today either from another failed Windows update because mine doesnt want to update or another problem, but either way my headphones no longer controlled the audio from them Turtle Beach Earforce X12 and they worked perfectly fine...