Windows 10: My school just took over my home computer.

Discus and support My school just took over my home computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As online school starts up, I downloaded Microsoft Word to my desktop PC at home. When I logged into my school email, I was revoked of my admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by luka uljaj, Sep 12, 2020.

1. My school just took over my home computer.

As online school starts up, I downloaded Microsoft Word to my desktop PC at home. When I logged into my school email, I was revoked of my admin permissions, and the new administrator of my PC is some random account called Administrator. I can't disconnect my work or school account, and I can't do anything as an admin, including resetting my PC.

How do I fix this

:)

luka uljaj, Sep 12, 2020

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 12, 2020
  3. School computer

No one here has any product keys to give you.

Most school computers are issued with a Volume License, which is not for private use.

I suggest that you contact the I.T. dept. at your school.

Bill Smithers, Sep 12, 2020
  4. My school just took over my home computer.

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

My school just took over my home computer.

1. My school just took over my home computer. - Similar Threads - school took home

2. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  3. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  4. Widgets suddenly took over my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widgets suddenly took over my screen: Last year during the pandemic my employer accommodated work from home by purchasing a bunch of laptops that basically off-the-shelf models. They can handle most of the programs we use, but not the resource-hungry ones like AutoCAD. So we take these laptops home, leave our...
  5. My friend took over my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend took over my computer: So my friend logged into my computer to play Minecraft windows 10 edition on his account, and now when I log in my account is under his Microsoft account and email and I have not been able to fix it. I tried to make a new Microsoft account but his account is the administrator...
  6. New Computer took over old computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Computer took over old computer: New Computer took over old computer, I should Not be administrator on that computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-took-over-old-computer/000e4fb9-2eae-418f-8ee0-566a566dafe1"
  7. Recent Windows update took over my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update took over my computer: I updated my computer because Microsoft ordered me to. So I did. Completely took over my computer. Opening/sign in screen was different. Desktop was really different. Eight of 20 program icons were missing. Nothing worked. I tried opening Opera browser, and Internet explorer...
  8. Some one got into my computer today and took it over.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some one got into my computer today and took it over.: He told me his name was David Rhoden Ex.303 and he was with Microsoft. Phone #888-892-3777. He was in with Microsoft and I had a virus. He had total control? He told I needed virus protection.. It will cost me $199.00 to fix it. I ok it and he started going through...
  9. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...
  10. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...