Windows 10: My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background.

Discus and support My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed for a few weeks now that my screen automatically changes brightness sometimes, but I only recently found out that it was when the color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianFiandor, Feb 13, 2021.

1. My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background.

I have noticed for a few weeks now that my screen automatically changes brightness sometimes, but I only recently found out that it was when the color of the background changes. For example, the background becomes darker and the colors on my screen seem to become more vibrant and bright with a dark background, and then the background becomes lighter and the colors become darker and less vibrant on a white background. I understand that this is to compensate for the change in backgrounds, but the change is hard to look at and only makes my eyes uncomfortable. I much rather prefer it to stay normal like how it is with a white background. This only happens when I am on battery power, not when I am plugged in. I've already turned off the feature in my settings that automatically changes the brightness depending on the lighting in my room, but this issue still occurs. Is there anything I can do?

:)

AdrianFiandor, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Screen brightness change automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the screen brightness change automatically while watching videos.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the PC recently?
    • What is the model number of Lenovo Yoga PC?

Windows 10 has the ability to automatically adjust the screen brightness depending on the ambient light levels. This feature can be more annoying than helpful, either leaving your screen too dark or frequently
    adjusting the brightness levels.

If you are using Lenovo YOGA 3 Pro-1370, I suggest you
    Disable auto brightness feature
    and check if it helps.

Additional information:

How to disable automatic brightness adjustment on Windows 10

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht503796

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Feb 13, 2021
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background.

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background.

1. My screen automatically changes brightness depending the color of the background. - Similar Threads - screen automatically changes

2. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  3. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  4. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 on a HP Elitebook x360 1040 G8. When the display of my laptop faces a bright light e.g. sun, lamp, ..., the colors of the screen automatically change they become more white, i.e. kind of like an over exposed image. In a dark room or if I cover the...
  5. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 on a HP Elitebook x360 1040 G8. When the display of my laptop faces a bright light e.g. sun, lamp, ..., the colors of the screen automatically change they become more white, i.e. kind of like an over exposed image. In a dark room or if I cover the...
  6. Automatic screen colors change depending on room lighting conditions

7. My screen contrast changes automatically depending the color of the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen contrast changes automatically depending the color of the background: I have recently bought a hp pavilion gaming laptop having AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics with Nvidia GTX 1650 ti graphic card and I've noticed something irritating that when I am using it in the dark color background and switch to dark color background the color got...
  8. My screen contrast changes automatically depending the color of the background

My screen contrast changes automatically depending the color of the background: I have recently bought a hp pavilion gaming laptop having AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics with Nvidia GTX 1650 ti graphic card and I've noticed something irritating that when I am using it in the dark color background and switch to dark color background the color got...
  9. My screen contrast changes automatically depending the color of the background

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Brightness changes based on background color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness changes based on background color: When I go on a website that has a white background the screen brightens as well. I'm on a desktop pc, at this point in time I've changed my entire system, so this issue has to be something within windows and it's driving me crazy. I've heard of "Adaptive Brightness" "Dynamic...