Windows 10: My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

Discus and support My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i opened it from hibernation it became to dim that i had to use a flashlight to see anything from it and even doe i changed my brightness level it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wcked, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Wcked Win User

My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

when i opened it from hibernation it became to dim that i had to use a flashlight to see anything from it and even doe i changed my brightness level it is still dim please someone help me idk what to do i having a panic attack

:)

Wcked, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Nuckles56 Win User

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I normally just use sleep mode, though when I'm at my parent's house, I will use hibernate just because it doesn't matter if we have a blackout

Nuckles56, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Sep 19, 2022
  4. My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

1. My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation - Similar Threads - screen became dim

2. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  3. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  4. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  5. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  6. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation: when i opened it from hibernation it became to dim that i had to use a flashlight to see anything from it and even doe i changed my brightness level it is still dim please someone help me idk what to do i having a panic attack...
  8. My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen became so dim when i opened it again after i did sleep mode aka hibernation: when i opened it from hibernation it became to dim that i had to use a flashlight to see anything from it and even doe i changed my brightness level it is still dim please someone help me idk what to do i having a panic attack...
  9. How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable "adaptive brightness" (aka arbitrarily dimming my screen constantly) when...: [ATTACH] Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 I have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out a way to do this. List of potential solutions I have seen suggested online that do not work: Unchecking "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" in...
  10. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...