Windows 10: my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update

Discus and support my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after the latest update my screen goes black whenever i try to play a video (youtube, amazon prime, netflix, etc). my screensaver is set to 5 minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by siatamaC137, Feb 20, 2019.

1. my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update

after the latest update my screen goes black whenever i try to play a video (youtube, amazon prime, netflix, etc). my screensaver is set to 5 minutes, but the moment where the full screen/volume/settings icons on the video fade away the entire screen goes black. the screen will come back on when i move the mouse or hit a button, but i can't work and watch anything at the same time now. anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

:)

siatamaC137, Feb 20, 2019

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Video play green or black screen

Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you.

Ronald Tice, Feb 20, 2019
  4. my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update

black screen when trying to play videos .

Hello , I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop . videos do play on my browser , you tube , virgin media etc . when I try to play a dvd I have audio but no video , black screen, same as when I try to play video clips that I have saved in my videos folder . My default
    video player installed on this laptop is cyberlink and the web cam is cyberlink you cam .

I have used the Microsoft help desk 4 times and I have had remote assistance but I still have the problem with video playback since installing windows 10 . I am seriously considering going back to windows 7 .

paulledster, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update

1. my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update - Similar Threads - screen blacks playing

2. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  3. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  4. Black screen after last updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after last updates: Good Evening, I have a HP laptop purchased in 2017 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. I ran the most recent updates. My laptop now has a black screen. I can hear the laptop fan and components starting up. I did several hard shutdowns, and the reboot still had a black...
  5. Black screen problem after playing online videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen problem after playing online videos: My pc keeps on having black screen whenever I play online videos, and I always end up force shutting down my pc so I could use it again, It started happening after I updated my windows 10 version. Can someone help me what could be the problem?...
  6. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  7. Screen blacks out randomly when playing skyrim and itunes videos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blacks out randomly when playing skyrim and itunes videos.: This has been going on for some time where I'm playing skyrim and the monitor will black out for a few second and skyrim will either come back normally or will be minimized. Something similar happens to videos playing out of iTunes where they exit full screen mode and close a...
  8. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  9. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343