Windows 10: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

Discus and support My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GailBeal, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GailBeal Win User

My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

:)

GailBeal, Jan 11, 2019

2. Missing scroll line down right side of screen

Hi Marilyn,

For us to isolate you concern with the scroll line down right side of your screen, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Send us a screenshot of your scroll line down the right side of the screen.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Miree Win User
    touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. - Similar Threads - screen does scroll

2. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  3. screen scrolls up automatically

screen scrolls up automatically: I have a problem with scrolling. When I am on the browser and scroll down, the screen automatically scrolls up to the top of the picture. Please, recommend how I can fix it...
  4. Scroll left and right very slow

Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  5. screen zoom out and scrolling right

screen zoom out and scrolling right: Hi, Currently having some difficulty with my PC. I am operating windows version 10 10.0.17134 Build 17134. There seems to be 3 symptoms with the issue I am having. The first is that when i click on a 'username' style box online i am presented with my options of saved log...
  6. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, I am having a problem in one of the laptops that we have in our company. Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back...
  7. How do you scroll desktop from left to right?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you scroll desktop from left to right?: How do you scroll the desktop (with the aps) in Windows 10 from left to right instead of up and down. I used my landlord's laptop and his scrolled right to left but he didn't make it that way so he doesn't know. Also is there a way to get rid of the Xbox ap? 36992
  8. Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down

in Browsers and Email
    Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down: Ever since I received updates last week Just about every website I go to gives me a multitude of script errors and trouble scrolling. I have used the tools-- internet--advance settings to check the settings to prevent this but nothing appears to function. Is there some other...
  9. screens scrolling by themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    screens scrolling by themselves: I on using Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, os build 15063.786 system type 64-bytes. Since last Friday evening(Dec. 22, 2017) I have been having problems with a lot of Windows apps. I using the mail app Window 10, when I opened emails to read them, they will automatically...
  10. Small scroll bars left on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Small scroll bars left on screen: Good evening. I have multiple small scroll bars on my screen whenever I am done scrolling on a page. If I hover over the scroll bars with the mouse, the 'busy' windows thingy spins around. All my drivers say they are up to date. Picture attached. Any help on how to get rid...