Windows 10: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

Discus and support My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GailBeal, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GailBeal Win User

My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

:)

GailBeal, Jan 11, 2019

2. Missing scroll line down right side of screen

Hi Marilyn,

For us to isolate you concern with the scroll line down right side of your screen, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Send us a screenshot of your scroll line down the right side of the screen.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Miree Win User
    touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. - Similar Threads - screen does scroll

2. Excel does not scroll in continuous fashion with scrolling bar moving up or down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel does not scroll in continuous fashion with scrolling bar moving up or down: When I click on scroll bar at the right hand side of excel and drag it up or down, the spreadsheet used to also move up or down in continuous fashion. However, that is not working any more. Rather, what happens is when I scroll the bar let's say down and then I release the...
  3. Excel does not scroll in continuous fashion with scrolling bar moving up or down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel does not scroll in continuous fashion with scrolling bar moving up or down: When I click on scroll bar at the right hand side of excel and drag it up or down, the spreadsheet used to also move up or down in continuous fashion. However, that is not working any more. Rather, what happens is when I scroll the bar let's say down and then I release the...
  4. Laptop keeps scrolling on some things right up left or down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps scrolling on some things right up left or down: So, i started having this problem today, thought it was some mouse problem, disconnected it, nope, maybe touch pad from laptop. nope, literally, nothing works, i did the keytesting thing to see if it presses the page down key or something automaticlly, not either, i literally...
  5. TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?: I updated recently and now on the start menu I am unable to scroll using two fingers like before. Now I figured out that my touchpad will only scroll using two fingers left and right for up and down. How to I fix this? It is really slow and the only way to do it like before...
  6. Left and right reverse scrolling

Left and right reverse scrolling: This trackpad is driving me crazy! I fixed it so that scrolling up goes up and scrolling down goes down.... but my right is still left and left is still right! It is so maddening that it's backwards. Can anyone help me fix the left and right scrolling? Please? :)...
  7. My touchpad does not scroll down

My touchpad does not scroll down: My touchpad on my Windows 10 laptop does not scroll down when I use my two fingers. Instead, any time I move two fingers on the pad in any direction, it automatically scrolls the entire page to the top. I can still press the bar at the side of the computer screen and move...
  8. Scroll left and right very slow

Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  9. Scroll left and right very slow

Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  10. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, I am having a problem in one of the laptops that we have in our company. Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ipad website scrolling right to left not up and down

2. ck2 screen will no scroll left or up

3. pc does not scroll up an down