Windows 10: My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup.

Discus and support My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup. Restarting fixes the screen-flickering, but it always flickers black once I move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by c.hipolito, Sep 6, 2021.

1. My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup.

My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup. Restarting fixes the screen-flickering, but it always flickers black once I move the cursor after startup. Everything goes black, not even the cursor is visible. It's been two days since I've had this issue. Can anyone help me with this problem?

:)

c.hipolito, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 6, 2021
  3. black screen with flickering cursor after windows startup

what I know

• Laptop
    • Dell inspirion
    • i7 2Ghz 4mg chache
    • 8gb ram 1600hz
    • 2gb radeon hd 7000 series gpu
    • 17'
    • recently upgraded to windows 10.
    • bios works fine and starts up correctly.
    • windows boot screen looks normal but after that its only a black screen with my cursor flickering and unable to log into my computer/laptop.
    • i have an extra bootable usb stick with kali installed on it but for some reason my laptop doesn't want to boot kali.
    • i have an extra case computer that i can use to maybe take out the HDD out of the laptop and copy all the data and formatting it and reinstalling windows 10. if that is a fix then i don't exaclty know how to do that and where to find my windows 10 key code...

please any help will be greatly appreciated.

EricWiehman, Sep 6, 2021
  4. My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup.

black screen with flickering cursor after windows startup

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are experiencing a black screen with a flickering cursor.

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. You can also check if detaching all other peripheral devices except for keyboard and mouse works out the issue. The issue (black screen) you’re facing could be
    most likely related to display drivers and could be resolved by updating the drivers. Without the correct driver, the hardware or device that you want to use won't work properly.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Sharath Srinivatava from the following link and check.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup.

1. My screen flickers black when I move the cursor after startup. - Similar Threads - screen flickers black

2. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  3. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  4. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  5. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  6. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  7. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  8. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...
  9. Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups: Starting a few days ago, every time I boot my pc from being off or I restart it my PC is black screen with a cursor. I'm able to get it fixed by uninstalling my graphics driver then reinstalling an old one, but it happens continuously when I boot my operating system. I tried...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...