Windows 10: My screen freezes after installing the latest driver

Discus and support My screen freezes after installing the latest driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have been having issues related to m display adapters, this never happened before and read everywhere regarding the issue but there seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohanMendoza, May 5, 2020.

1. My screen freezes after installing the latest driver

Recently I have been having issues related to m display adapters, this never happened before and read everywhere regarding the issue but there seems to be no website or video related to it. Well, the issue is after installing the latest driver for my display adapters, for some reason my screen freezes a split second after a few seconds. And continuously going on at this I am sick of it, I factory reset my entire computer and still seems to happen. Keep in mind I rolled back the driver, and this is an old computer. My PC is the Pavilion 23 all in one. We got this computer roughly 10 years ago or so. I am so confused on why this is happening I tried many ways of the HP virtual assistant advised me to do, all of the solutions it provided didn't solve my issue. It would mean a lot to find a solution.

SPECS:

GPU: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter After updating AMD Radeon HD8400/R3 Series
    CPU: AMD A5-5200 APU with RadeonTM HD Graphics
    Memory: 7 GB
    Current resolution 1920x1080
    GPU driver version: 10.018362.1
    Operating system: Microsft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

:)

JohanMendoza, May 5, 2020

2. What Drivers To Install

Even though I purchased Windows 7 about two weeks ago, I have not installed it yet. I just want to make sure I install all of the correct things. So, I should have to install
    • latest Intel Chipset Driver
    • latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager (is this the only RAID thing I have to install?)
    • latest Soundmax ADI Audio Driver
    • latest Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Driver
    • latest Marvell SATA driver
    • latest ATI CCC and Driver
    • Windows 7 should install the hyperthreading driver by itself right? Vista did.

char[] rager, May 5, 2020
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, May 5, 2020
  4. My screen freezes after installing the latest driver

Latest Windows 10 Doesn't Fit to Screen latest nVidia driver NVS3100M 9.18.13.4192 on Dell E6410 Laptop

Hello,

I request you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 5, 2020
Thema:

My screen freezes after installing the latest driver

1. My screen freezes after installing the latest driver - Similar Threads - screen freezes installing

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  4. Bluse Screen of usbvideo.sys with my webcam driver is the latest driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluse Screen of usbvideo.sys with my webcam driver is the latest driver: Hello community, I was getting a blue screen with the error "kmode exception not handled", the target file is usbvideo.sys.The link is the dmp file.Could someone point me out the problem?The webcam driver is up to date.I appreciate it!...
  5. Bluse Screen of usbvideo.sys with my webcam driver is the latest driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluse Screen of usbvideo.sys with my webcam driver is the latest driver: Hello community, I was getting a blue screen with the error "kmode exception not handled", the target file is usbvideo.sys.The link is the dmp file.Could someone point me out the problem?The webcam driver is up to date.I appreciate it!...
  6. Bluse Screen of usbvideo.sys with my webcam driver is the latest driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen freezes for 6 seconds repeatedly after installing AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen freezes for 6 seconds repeatedly after installing AMD driver: Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with RadeonTM HD Graphics 2.00 GHz Installed RAM: 4.00 GB 3.45 GB usable Device ID: 6B53CCD5-AE70-414F-A0C4-9CE0916E22B5 Product ID: 00325-80264-68680-AAOEM System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch: Pen support...
  8. "Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.

"Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.: Hi, I've had this PC for nearly two years now without any issues. I just installed the latest Microsoft updates a few days ago and ever since then, my PC has been experiencing several issues. The dreaded "blue screen of death." and periodic freezing. My PC occasionally...
  9. win 10 freeze after installing latest update

win 10 freeze after installing latest update: how to fix win10 freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-freeze-after-installing-latest-update/fc03e975-d164-43eb-a5c0-f81e4ae4f8d4
  10. My headphones don't work after installing the latest NVIDIA drivers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My headphones don't work after installing the latest NVIDIA drivers.: So I have a NVIDIA graphics card and I suddenly noticed my sound doesn't work on my headphones nor my TV (which is conected to my pc). I instantly downloaded the latest drivers but that only fixed my TV sound and not my headphones. I've tried plugging them in to another...