Windows 10: My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor

Discus and support My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i connect the VGA cable to the monitor, the screen shows the desktop for aprox 5 seconds, then the screen becomes black. This problem started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrei_761, Dec 30, 2019.

1. My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor

When i connect the VGA cable to the monitor, the screen shows the desktop for aprox 5 seconds, then the screen becomes black. This problem started about 20 minutes ago. Until then it worked very well. Initially, i thought the cable is the problem, but i don't know. I hope you can help me.

:)

Andrei_761, Dec 30, 2019

2. Screen goes black a few seconds after startup with a second monitor connected

I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my computer. I have one monitor connected via the VGA plug and am trying to use an HDMI cord for the second monitor. Everything starts up normal until it comes to the login screen, then my first monitor goes black.
    Unplugging the HDMI cable does nothing. To regain a picture I have to completely turn the computer off and unplug the HDMI cable, then turn the computer back on.

JoshuaRoberts1991, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Lukas Win User
    Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.

Check DVI cable, reconnect it. If it still appears. Try switch DVI to VGA. You graphic card don't have VGA connector, so try lend from friend DVI/VGA adapter.
    My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor [​IMG]

If problem still appears try to use another DVI cable to be sure it's not cable problem.
    Try to use your monitor with other PC/Laptop if it works. If it's fine it's not monitor fault.
    Try to change cable, if problem still the same, it's not cable fault nether monitor.
    Try to reinstall graphic card with NVIDIA/AMD Uninstaller from here http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html
    If problem still appears reply. It may be graphic card issue.

Lukas, Dec 30, 2019
  4. My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor

1. My screen goes black when i connect the VGA cable to the monitor - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  3. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  4. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  5. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  6. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. After Connecting a VGA cable to the pc , everything went black ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Connecting a VGA cable to the pc , everything went black ??: I have dell pc 3880 with Windows 11 update and tried a new VGA cable to connect as second monitor to my 2 years old TV. PC screen went Black? Who can help this old guy ?...
  8. After Connecting a VGA cable to the pc , everything went black ??

After Connecting a VGA cable to the pc , everything went black ??: I have dell pc 3880 with Windows 11 update and tried a new VGA cable to connect as second monitor to my 2 years old TV. PC screen went Black? Who can help this old guy ?...
  9. No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on monitor when VGA cable is connected to GPU slot: I have a problem with my GPU's VGA slot. Whenever the VGA cable is connected to the GPU's VGA slot in my computer, the computer boots on (fans spinning, LED lights, etc) but nothing is displayed on my monitor(no signal). However, when the VGA cable is connected to the...
  10. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the screen is expanded by the monitor via hdmi to vga but the monitor is dark

2. my laptop screen go blank when I connect a vga cord

3. wjen i switch to the vga port the screen is black

4. Is VGA make screen black