Windows 10: my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work....

Discus and support my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by antonyhart, Jul 12, 2020.

1. my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work....

my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work. Any ideas?

:)

antonyhart, Jul 12, 2020

2. Spacebar is not working.

I had a similar problem on a Toshiba Satellite C670-199.

SpaceBar only working with FN-key pressed.

The keys 1, 2, 3 and 4 also just worked when FN was pressed.

The laptop came originally with Windows 7, but had been working with Windows 10 for more than a year.

The solution was (illogically) to update the Synaptics Touchpad Driver to the most recent Windows 10 compatible driver.

In my case, I went to:

Synaptics

And the driver I downloaded was the first one in the list,

Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbus.zip

Runar Punar, Jul 12, 2020
  3. cord27 Win User
    Spacebar not working without FN pressed in combination

I don't think so. I too had this problem, notice (had). Due to someone with the mental determination and knowledge and endurance, they were able to find a fix for this problem. I hope you have seen this post that fixed my toshiba with the space bar not working
    with out first depressing the FN key and also the same for the 1,2,3,4 numbers required the FN key depressed to work. What you have to do, (which worked for this person and me, as well), is to uninstall the synaptics pointing device, and wa~la, my keyboard
    is back to normal with all keys and functions working properly. I did not try to revert back to an earlier version of windows as everyone I read about that tried such a move, made problems much worse. Hopefully you have you "cheap toshiba" working the way
    it should.

This is the original post that fixed mine and you can see the date, so I think it is a stable fix?

What works on my daughter's L775D Toshiba is to go to the task bar, click on the Synaptics pointing device icon, open Pointing Device Properties, Device Settings, then disable the Touchpad. Spacebar and other
    keys (like 1 4) should then operate properly. Not sure how stable this fix is, but it works until a permanent fix is made available. Posted on 9/23/15.

Again, just uninstall the synaptics pointing device. That worked for me!

cord27, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Wilco_44 Win User

my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work....

Spacebar not working without FN pressed in combination

I just fixed the same problem on a Toshiba laptop running windows 10. 1,2,3,4, key and spacebar not working unless pushing the Fn key. The problem was caused by a Windows 10 update which had also updated the "Synaptic driver update for Lenovo Pointing Device".
    I uninstalled the update and re-installed the previous driver for Synaptic. The keyboard now works normal !!!!

Wilco_44, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work....

1. my screen grab no longer works, No problem hitherto. Fn Windows spacebar also doesnt work.... - Similar Threads - screen grab longer

2. why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab: why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-clip-grab-not-working-is-bring-error-for/62ede7c5-3dab-45cb-9f1a-556fe7490ec7
  3. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  4. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  5. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  6. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  7. Spacebar not working

8. Spacebar does not work

Spacebar does not work: Mycomputerwasunplugged.WhenIswitcheditonafter10days,itdidautomaticupdates,whichitwasnotsupposeto.Nowmyspacebarofmykeyboarddoesnotwork.Ihavenoticedalotofthesameproblemonyoursite,surelythisisawindows10problem.Pleasecorrectthis,orhelpmesolvetheproblem.Thisisrealyunacceptable...
  9. My fn keys are not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    My fn keys are not working?: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens the...
  10. My SpaceBar doesnt work

My SpaceBar doesnt work: After I failed to complete my windows update,my spacebar stopped working.Im using Lenovo V330-15IKB Windows 10 your help will be highly appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-spacebar-doesnt-work/01347a21-238e-4575-a460-2de6f7b9ebd3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Grab pay