Windows 10: My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days!

Discus and support My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So as the title my laptop *windows 10* has said “locking”and has not turned on for about 5 days i have been trying to figure out the problem but i have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LunaGalaxy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days!

So as the title my laptop *windows 10* has said “locking”and has not turned on for about 5 days i have been trying to figure out the problem but i have not been able to find something useful because all i found was how to turn locking off but not how to turn it on from locking.

if anyone would be able to help me i will be extremely thankful!

:)

LunaGalaxy, Jan 13, 2020

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jan 13, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days!

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days!

1. My screen has said “Locking” and has not turned on for days! - Similar Threads - screen has said

2. My pc has a blue screen on lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has a blue screen on lock: My ACER pc has a blue screen on lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-a-blue-screen-on-lock/f085f043-7b55-4973-960c-d68fc9622a4b
  3. My pc has a blue screen on lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has a blue screen on lock: My ACER pc has a blue screen on lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-a-blue-screen-on-lock/f085f043-7b55-4973-960c-d68fc9622a4b
  4. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  5. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  6. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My account has been locked for past 28 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been locked for past 28 days: Hello Everyone! I am just a student of class 9 and I used my Microsoft Account mainly for the perpetual license of Office 2019 Home and Student associated with it. My account has been locked for the past 28 days; I have no idea why. I firmly believe that I have not broken...
  8. My account has been locked for the past 12 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been locked for the past 12 days: This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My account has been...
  9. why has my screen turned blue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why has my screen turned blue?: why has my screen turned blue and how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-screen-turned-blue/69da8e30-8289-45f8-817e-984edf346a3e
  10. My laptop has turned / turning very much slow day by day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has turned / turning very much slow day by day.: I'm using Lenovo ideapad Z580 with processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.86 GB usable) GPU - nVIDIA GeForce GT 635M Base speed - 2.50GHZ Sockets - 1 Cores - 2 Logical processors - 4 Virtualization - Disabled Hyper- V...