Windows 10: My screen has weird lines/dots

Discus and support My screen has weird lines/dots in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently noticed that a weird line or dot on my screen. I have never applied heavy pressure on my laptop/screen, and I do not see a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BaranPC, Apr 24, 2019.

1. BaranPC Win User

My screen has weird lines/dots

Hello,

I have recently noticed that a weird line or dot on my screen. I have never applied heavy pressure on my laptop/screen, and I do not see a reason as to why this is happening. I cant see it on brighter colours if that makes any difference. Does anyone know what to do, I really dont want to replace my screen already, its expensive and Ive only had it for a couple of months?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just thought this was the best place to make a thread.

Thanks My screen has weird lines/dots 91a6210a-5e03-4c3d-924d-cefda7a0f096?upload=true.png

:)

BaranPC, Apr 24, 2019

2. 2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Apr 24, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Apr 24, 2019
  4. My screen has weird lines/dots

On the top of my screen there is a line that starts off with the dots for apps.

On the top of my screen there is a line that starts off with the dots for apps. It has many items listed, and when I click on the arrow to the right, it lists about hundred items. I cannot put them in the recycle bin for some reason and I do not know
    any other way to get rid of them! Many thanks for any help. (Win 10)

Original Title: Apps

JeannetteR, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

My screen has weird lines/dots

1. My screen has weird lines/dots - Similar Threads - screen has weird

2. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  3. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  4. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  5. pink dot lines at the buttom of my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pink dot lines at the buttom of my screen: im posting this here because im convinced that its a software issue. Every now and then, my laptop would freeze for a brief moment, and then it unfreezes and flickering pink dot-lines at the bottom start to appear. it looks like the lines flicker and slowly go up, taking...
  6. weird dot on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird dot on screen: there's a weird black dot on my screen, here's a picture of it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-dot-on-screen/d0fa123e-b7ca-41cd-960d-dd998965d817
  7. dotted line

dotted line: there is one pink color line on my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dotted-line/93d67498-e510-4933-b8ad-0604c5a45370
  8. vertical lines of dots on screen

vertical lines of dots on screen: [ATTACH]hello, i am using surface pro 4 for about 2 years now and it never had any problem but recently there are times where a line of dots appear when i was using the surface. later, it will dissappear and came back again. what is the problem? software? hardware? please...
  9. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  10. Weird dots show up on the side of my screen?

Weird dots show up on the side of my screen?: Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? I never had this issue before and I heard it had to with display. I wanted to ask here first to see if there was a more explanation to help me understand what it is and why it happens. HP Windows 10 is what I have. My task manger...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird line and dots on screen