Windows 10: my screen in in black and white

Discus and support my screen in in black and white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my screen in in black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-in-in-black-and-white/50a9128a-25f0-4415-8c94-295add4a665d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidAmes59, Jul 3, 2020.

1. my screen in in black and white

my screen in in black and white

:)

DavidAmes59, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Jaxon Win User
    Jaxon, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 3, 2020
  4. bugfroggy Win User

dwm.exe - Black and White Screen

Last night I was using my PC as normal, and went to copy something with CTRL+C. I think I accidentally pressed another key in the process, though (either X or V). Immediately after, my screen turned black and white. I tried restarting, and that did not resolve
    my problem (screen was still black and white), so I started to dig deeper. I discovered how to create the problem, and how to stop it. I stopped it by ending the dwm.exe process in Task Manager (This is a Microsoft process, it seems). The process immediately
    opened again, but the error didn't occur. All was fine until I went to open my recording software, Dxtory. When I opened it, my screen immediately went black and white again, and remained that way until I ended the dwm.exe process.

Some important things to note:

• I'm not sure if this is a Windows error or a Dxtory error. I've updated Windows (build 16299.19) (Updated before this started occuring), Dxtory (2.0.142), and my Nvidia drivers (387.92).
    • Screenshots are black and white as well.
    • When I open a program that requires administrator permissions, the prompt is the correct color, even if everything else is black and white.
    • This effect is not on the login screen, although I'm not sure if it occurs on other accounts.
    • It seems like there might be multiple things that cause the issue, and Dxtory is just one of them (For example, when I logged onto my PC this morning, my screen was black and white, despite Dxtory not being opened)
    Can anyone help me? Thanks.

bugfroggy, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. my screen in in black and white - Similar Threads - screen black white

2. Black and white screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black and white screen: I am unable to change my screen back to the previous background colour. Not only this, but all the photos in my albums have also turned black/white/grey. No more colour in my photos or on screen. In settings - personalisation - colours, I am only being shown a grey colour-...
  3. black and white screen on my windows account

black and white screen on my windows account: black and white screen on my windows account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-and-white-screen-on-my-windows-account/005c4369-e853-40b2-8a13-649b7d82873c
  4. Black and White Screen

Black and White Screen: Okay, so everytime I play a video or launch a game, it converts its color to black and white. I can see color only for around 2 seconds then it just turns black and white. I've restarted my computer, checked to see if my color filter was off it was, I even checked high...
  5. Screen got black and white

Screen got black and white: Maybe by mistake I hit the hotkey Win + Ctrl + C . Even toggling off and on color filers does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-black-and-white/752c3a23-5dfb-45f7-87db-02c61823dcd3
  6. My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.

My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.: My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color. so i went to settings>ease of access>and turned off color filter. That didn't work. How can i get my color back?...
  7. All screens are black and white

All screens are black and white: How do I get back normal colours on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-screens-are-black-and-white/ff8ef195-bd76-4f9b-8c15-05a44cb9615f
  8. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I just got a new computer with the windows 10. I am not very good with computers and went to change the picture to one of my photos and now I have a black and white everything. Can someone help me - explain in easy terms or draw me a picture? I have tried the virtual...
  9. My screen is black and white

My screen is black and white: I have lost all my colors and have tried fixing it according to help, but it is still black and white. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-black-and-white/838b3c44-91c1-4f94-a99b-a579e34e28c7
  10. Black/white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/white screen: Since I upgraded to the pre-release 18875 on windows 10 home which my HP laptop continues to freeze up all the time. How can I get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackwhite-screen/973bc1c0-6539-4f85-ac7c-c575f9500b2c