Windows 10: My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

Discus and support My screen is stretch out how do I fix it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sumguy007, Oct 20, 2021.

1. sumguy007 Win User

My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10.

:)

sumguy007, Oct 20, 2021

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Oct 20, 2021
  3. shunoichi Win User
    Windows 10 screen is stretched!

There is no manufacturer listed. It says "to be filled by o.e.m" or something so I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find a driver update or which one is the right one to use.

But I did complete the bottom steps and there was no change.

At first, I thought it might be a problem caused by the monitor, but when I was installing windows updates, the updating screen was normal and not stretched. However, as soon as it restarted, it was back to being stretched again.

shunoichi, Oct 20, 2021
  4. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

Screen is stretched and squished is there a fix for this configuration?

Windows 10: I don't know if this stretched screen and windows happened after an update or not. I have tried to resolve the issue by a system restore, but I have run it 3 times, going back to different restore points, and somehow a Norton file (original
    file) is not available and after 45 minutes to an hour, I get the note that nothing was changed and restore failed because this file was not found.

So, why was my screen resolution changed, and why is a display resolution that would fix it not even on the list of resolutions on the display settings page? All of the options give me a stretched screen.

So far, my highest resolution, 1280x1024 is still stretched. I have a 23" Samsung monitor that has worked just fine until now.

I need this fixed, now - I waste time and can't do work with it like this. Round things are oval, square things are rectangular in landscape form, and I hate the look.

HELP!

ConnieGohata, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

1. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it. - Similar Threads - screen stretch fix

2. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  3. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  4. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my screen is out of shape-how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen is out of shape-how do I fix it?: My screen is out of shape and I don't know how to fix it. Will someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-out-of-shape-how-do-i-fix-it/e7f94229-56a3-4871-8839-9d026a5c99d0
  6. my screen is out of shape-how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my screen is out of shape-how do I fix it?: My screen is out of shape and I don't know how to fix it. Will someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-out-of-shape-how-do-i-fix-it/e7f94229-56a3-4871-8839-9d026a5c99d0
  7. my screen is out of shape-how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  9. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  10. Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/evoburpy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh93yh/why_are_the_icons_so_stretched_how_do_i_fix_this/