Windows 10: my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it

Discus and support my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my screen is too dark. I cant figure out how to change it. I tried going to device manager and I don't have a slide to change the brightness like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CheriByrd, Jun 2, 2019.

1. CheriByrd Win User

my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it

my screen is too dark. I cant figure out how to change it. I tried going to device manager and I don't have a slide to change the brightness like it says to

:)

CheriByrd, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Dark Screen

Hi Adrienne,

The challenges that you are having with the screen of your computer may be hardware-related. However, we cannot cross out the fact that it may still be software-related. Having said that, we may go through a series of troubleshooting steps that are more
    focused on the software aspect of your computer. Before we proceed, let us isolate the issue by answering the following questions:

• When did you start to notice the issue with the brightness on your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your computer?

We also suggest that you update the display drivers of your computer. Here is a
    link
    that will direct you to a page that contains the steps on how to do so.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Jun 2, 2019
  4. SavEm12 Win User

Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it - Similar Threads - screen too dark

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error: I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen saying it was going to restart after collecting some error info and I fallowed the QR code and It didn't help how do I fix it?...
  4. I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error: I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen saying it was going to restart after collecting some error info and I fallowed the QR code and It didn't help how do I fix it?...
  5. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  6. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  7. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I can't figure it out . .

I can't figure it out . .: I accidentally unpinned Google, from my taskbar.So I deleted, and reinstalled it.After reinstalling it. I realized.There was something I had to do.I created a folder, named storage.I put everything in that folder, as a backup.But, after putting just a few things in there.It...
  9. Can't figure out how to change audio jack preferences

Can't figure out how to change audio jack preferences: I accidentally clicked remember choice for next time when i plugged in my speakers, and now it thinks all my devices ex. microphone, headphones ect. and i cant figure out how to change it, i have and acer computer....
  10. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...