Windows 10: My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?

Discus and support My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarrellLewis2, Sep 11, 2019.

1. My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?

My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?

:)

DarrellLewis2, Sep 11, 2019

2. How can I shrink the size of my display to fit my display screen? I am operating at the maximum resolution.

How can I shrink the size of my display to fit my display screen? I am operating at the maximum resolution.

Original Title : Display

Bill_bedford, Sep 11, 2019
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 11, 2019
  4. My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?

Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem..... Resolution is set at recommended level

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen?

1. My screen is too small for display. How can I shrink display to fit screen? - Similar Threads - screen too small

2. Edge Display too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Display too small: When MS Edge is opened, it is about 25% of the screen. How do I make it bigger whenever it is loaded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-display-too-small/d15bfbea-5944-4302-bc82-87f332c0119b
  3. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?: display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-screen-size-33-inch-how-do/9bab8ff4-8f5f-4ec1-80eb-fd3d95689858
  4. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  5. HOW CAN I ADJUST PICTURE ON LOCK SCREEN TO FIT DISPLAY BETTER IS A WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW CAN I ADJUST PICTURE ON LOCK SCREEN TO FIT DISPLAY BETTER IS A WINDOWS 10: HOW CAN YOU ADJUST LOCK SCREEN PICTURE TO FIT SCREEN BETTER IS A WINDOW 10 LAP TOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-adjust-picture-on-lock-screen-to-fit/aebc4346-37e0-4724-a459-2aed9dcfa929
  6. My Word page is too big for the screen, the top toolbar is off the screen. How can I shrink it?

My Word page is too big for the screen, the top toolbar is off the screen. How can I shrink it?: My Word page is too big for the screen, the top toolbar is off the screen. How can I shrink it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-word-page-is-too-big-for-the-screen-the-top/ad8fac6a-5f73-4f24-8916-34663b49ea5e
  7. display too large for my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display too large for my screen: my windows display does not fit into my screen size it is too large & I cannot access the start button or the toolbar properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large-for-my-screen/ecd5bdc7-b48f-4bae-a3cf-df7004becee7
  8. Screen too small for my software app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen too small for my software app: View attachment 8888 I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 10. The main work I do on my laptop is compiling cricket statistics and I have a program called CStatz that does this for me. I have an issue however as I cannot get to a button at the very bottom of the program...
  9. Display either too blurry or too small

Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  10. My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My display is too far to the right (off the screen): I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar on the left). I used the in-built controls to move it fully left but it isn't enough. I switched the cables back and this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MY SCREEN SIZE IS TOO SMALL i WANT TU WORK IN HALF SCREEN SIZE MODE

2. my screen is too small for the information displayed on it