Windows 10: My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything.

Discus and support My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've searched to the ends of the earth just to fix this damn problem. It's minor enough that it bugs you but not major enough to know when the hell I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _AlexPapa, Jan 14, 2020.

1. _AlexPapa Win User

My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything.

I've searched to the ends of the earth just to fix this damn problem.

It's minor enough that it bugs you but not major enough to know when the hell I activated it.

But I swear to GOD, if I open another Google Doc and I can't see the edge of the page, I'm going to smash my computer.

I've re-calibrated my display.

I've gone to my Nvidia graphics display.

I've reset the theme to windows 10.

I've screwed around with my colors more times than I can count.

But nothing. NOTHING. Has worked.

Does ANYONE know how to fix this? And did ANYONE have this problem before???

And I swear to God, if I get the same cookie cutter response as everyone else has telling me to go back to the display page I'm going to rip out my hair so badly that the only thing left of my head is my skull

:)

_AlexPapa, Jan 14, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jan 14, 2020
  4. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything. - Similar Threads - screen too white

2. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  3. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  4. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  6. Screen brightness too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen brightness too high: So i update my display drivers today,and my screen suddenly became all bright,i am using windows 10 version 1709 and my moniter brightness is already at the lowest....how do i fix this submitted by /u/Zuala69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Screen changes brightness according to level of white on the screen, only when connected to...

Screen changes brightness according to level of white on the screen, only when connected to...: So, I have just discovered this issue with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop. I shattered the screen, so being a broke college student, I decided to just connect my laptop to my 42" Samsung Smart TV to use as a monitor. Everything works fine after adjusting some things with audio...
  8. [Windows 10] Color are too bright on my screen

[Windows 10] Color are too bright on my screen: Hello folks, I activated a windows shortcut, while i was trying to copy a text, who seems to have changed the contrast or the brightness of the screen. The thing is whenever I go to the windows settings or in the notification center, the colors turn back to normal. I...
  9. Screen too bright even at 0

Screen too bright even at 0: After the most recent windows update, my screen is way too bright, even with brightness set to 0. I'm very light sensitive, and have had a difficult time doing anything on this computer, even in dark mode. Is there some way to turn everything down even farther? I can't keep...
  10. change screen brightness

change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop screen is overbright

2. how to reduce windows 10 white screen too bright

3. my laptop screen is too white

4. windows 10 white too bright