Windows 10: My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer?

Discus and support My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CORDYCHAMPAN, Jul 8, 2020.

1. My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer?

My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer ?

:)

CORDYCHAMPAN, Jul 8, 2020
  2. AMahina Win User

My monitor keeps going dark for about a second

My monitor has been turning going dark for a second or two and it happens multiple times a day, sometimes I'll happen multiple times with only a few minutes in between, and some times it'll be hours in between. It never lasts for much longer than a second
    or two, and it doesn't happen from being bumped or anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

AMahina, Jul 8, 2020
  3. mempto Win User
    When I switch tabs from a dark colored screen to a brighter screen the screen takes a few seconds to brighten...

So I have a weird screen issue where the screen brightness keeps adjusting based on how bright or dark the screen is...so when I switch from a dark screen to a brighter screen the screen seems to have dimmed and takes a few seconds to brighten to the correct
    brightness setting. Does anyone know how to fix this? Adaptive brightness is turned off.

mempto, Jul 8, 2020
  4. pylyshyn Win User

My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer?

Screen times out aftera few seconds over and over

I keep being interrupted by a timeout where the screen goes black after few seconds and keeps doing so even after I set the timeout to 5 or 15 minutes or longer. It always comes back on when I move the cursor a few times. Eventually the timeout delay gets longer than a few seconds but not until much later in my computer sessions. This interferes with my work so I hope someone can help.
    *Sad*Sleepy

pylyshyn, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer?

1. My screen keeps going dark after only a few seconds. How do I make that time longer? - Similar Threads - screen keeps going

2. Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...: After upgrading to the Windows 11 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 the screen becomes dark automatically after about 5 seconds of inactivity and windows lock almost immediately. Nothing into power options seems to be...
  3. Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...: After upgrading to the Windows 11 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 the screen becomes dark automatically after about 5 seconds of inactivity and windows lock almost immediately. Nothing into power options seems to be...
  4. How do I make some apps go dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make some apps go dark mode: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10, yet some apps iTunes, VLC, Movie Maker 2012, Scratch 2 and VirtualBox won't go to dark mode. How do I make the app's dark like in Dark Reader for browsers?...
  5. How do I make some apps go dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make some apps go dark mode: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10, yet some apps iTunes, VLC, Movie Maker 2012, Scratch 2 and VirtualBox won't go to dark mode. How do I make the app's dark like in Dark Reader for browsers?...
  6. How do I make some apps go dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back to a dark background at the bottom of the screen?: I just spent at least an hour waiting for my PC to be ready after a major update. Now, the bottom of the screen type here to search, Cortana, task view, Edge, Explorer, speaker, cloud, McAfee, calendar, mail nofications is white after it has always been black. That makes it...
  8. how do I keep acct open for longer time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I keep acct open for longer time?: I have to sign in every time I take a break for more than 5 min. How do I change this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-acct-open-for-longer-time/2bfe252f-fa1c-4729-a138-adc84c399650
  9. My monitor keeps going dark for about a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor keeps going dark for about a second: My monitor has been turning going dark for a second or two and it happens multiple times a day, sometimes I'll happen multiple times with only a few minutes in between, and some times it'll be hours in between. It never lasts for much longer than a second or two, and it...
  10. Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes dark for a few seconds: Bought this desktop recently, not even 2 weeks ago and this monitor was bought about 1 month and a week ago, so they are both quite fresh equipments Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Hexa Core ASROCK Phantom RX 580 8GB ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING 8GB 2x4 RAM CL16 Ballistix 2400 Mhz...