Windows 10: My screen keeps on refreshing, seemingly like i changed my screen settings.

Discus and support My screen keeps on refreshing, seemingly like i changed my screen settings. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's in the title, it mostly happens when I game but does otherwise too. I have updated and reinstalled the GPU drivers and I have tried this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabPas, Sep 15, 2019.

1. GabPas Win User

My screen keeps on refreshing, seemingly like i changed my screen settings.

It's in the title, it mostly happens when I game but does otherwise too.

I have updated and reinstalled the GPU drivers and

I have tried this:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Right click on Task Bar and select Task Manager.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
      dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window

And got this in return:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed InputApp_1000.18362.329.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e33bb73b-68c9-0008-aa32-3de3c968d501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID e33bb73b-68c9-0008-aa32-3de3c968d501 At line:1 char:94 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e33bb73b-68c9-0006-6f6c-3de3c968d501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID e33bb73b-68c9-0006-6f6c-3de3c968d501 At line:1 char:94 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    modifies are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.18362.329_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e33bb73b-68c9-0006-7c6c-3de3c968d501 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID e33bb73b-68c9-0006-7c6c-3de3c968d501
    At line:1 char:94
    + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

:)

GabPas, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2019
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. My screen keeps on refreshing, seemingly like i changed my screen settings. - Similar Threads - screen keeps refreshing

2. My Monitor screen keeps flickering and I can't seem to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor screen keeps flickering and I can't seem to fix it: My Monitor that I got 12/25/2023 has had an issue where sometimes the screen will go black for a varied duration of time and flicker for a bit, I'm not sure the issue though, I've tried resetting the drivers updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers, making sure...
  3. My Monitor screen keeps flickering and I can't seem to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor screen keeps flickering and I can't seem to fix it: My Monitor that I got 12/25/2023 has had an issue where sometimes the screen will go black for a varied duration of time and flicker for a bit, I'm not sure the issue though, I've tried resetting the drivers updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers, making sure...
  4. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  5. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  6. I can't change the screen refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the screen refresh rate: Hello, I recently bought a laptop and installed Windows 10 for myself and after that I wanted to change the screen refresh rate from 60 to 144 Hz, nothing happened and only 60 Hz was available there, although my display supported 144 Hz and I can’t fix this problem could you...
  7. I can't change the screen refresh rate

I can't change the screen refresh rate: Hello, I recently bought a laptop and installed Windows 10 for myself and after that I wanted to change the screen refresh rate from 60 to 144 Hz, nothing happened and only 60 Hz was available there, although my display supported 144 Hz and I can’t fix this problem could you...
  8. HELP How do I change my screen resolution if my screen looks like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP How do I change my screen resolution if my screen looks like this?: [ATTACH] I tried to restart it and it didn't change anything. Any ideas of how to fix this? submitted by /u/bashinott [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxpzph/help_how_do_i_change_my_screen_resolution_if_my/
  9. My screen keeps refreshing or blinking nonstop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps refreshing or blinking nonstop: Problem: I dont know what its called so i can only describe . The screen keeps blinking turning black and back to the desktop. monitor is still on nonstop and once it pops up the desktop the shortcuts i have refresh Things ive done: Ive restarted the computer and still got...
  10. Log in screen keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log in screen keeps refreshing.: Hello, my computer keeps refreshing every 1 to 3 seconds on the startup screen, i have attempted to use system recovery as well as safe mode and startup troubleshooting and repair, all of which failed due to an "unspecified error" or safe mode not loading, my computer is a...