Windows 10: My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???

Discus and support My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago??? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a computer which is kind of old, and everything was working perfectly until a few days ago. The screen would start to turn black randomly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ScottPark5, Jul 6, 2020.

1. My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???

Hi, I have a computer which is kind of old, and everything was working perfectly until a few days ago. The screen would start to turn black randomly, It would be fine for the whole time and then suddenly, the screen would turn black but everything would be running still. I could hear everything that would happen but its like the connection blew out. I thought it was the source like a TV because my monitor is old and has a source button, so I kept pressing it until I saw the screen again. It would stop on the source I was on, which was “digital” and then go black again. I searched everything up and it said to do things like “reboot it” or restart my computer, But nothing would work. When I say nothing would work, I mean that my screen is black all the time, that I can’t press the restart button; and for some reason, my computer doesn’t let me reboot my computer. I would turn my whole computer off, waited, and then tried again, but it never worked for the 1st 50 times. Do you know what this sounds like?

:)

ScottPark5, Jul 6, 2020

2. Laptop black screen and won't turn on, but does after a few days.

Hello,

The problem I am having started after the Windows 10 Creators update. The HP laptop would not turn on (black screen, wifi key light was orange, fan was heard running) but eventually did. It worked for a few days and then it happened again. I ran diagnostics
    and it seemed okay for the next week or more. Now it tends to work for a while and then for 2-3 days it goes to the same black screen, with lights on the keyboard, and fan running.

I tried to reset the computer, tried to run BIOS, etc. (everything black screen fix pages suggest) but nothing is functional when it is in this black screen mode. Currently, on the third day of this "episode" the laptop is working perfectly. I know it is
    not going to stay this way because this is what keeps happening.

My question is: could it be a motherboard issue, even though it does come back on and run perfectly, and then switch back to not coming on? Or could something else be the problem since it does still work, but just not consistently? Any suggestions would
    be great!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MichellePainterr, Jul 6, 2020
  3. pm691 Win User
    My monitor keeps turning itself on throughout the day

Hello,

My computer is on 24/7 and I have the screen turning itself off after 5 minutes.

All fine, except it will randomly wake up a few minutes later.

And then it goes back to sleep after 5 minutes and then it wakes on its own later again and on and on... it keeps cycling on and off instead of staying off.

What is turning the screen on?

I only keep Windows Live Mail and a couple of browsers open.

Again, this is about the monitor, not the whole computer, which is always on.

Thank you,

pm691, Jul 6, 2020
  4. RG_4083 Win User

My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???

Black screen with cursor on screen after few days from upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Issue with black screen with cursor after win7 upgraded to win10

Post upgrade from win7 to win10 it worked fine for few days but recently I am facing a problem with black screen appearing after entering the password, only cursor is visible. I did below steps suggested on Internet

1. hit ctrl+Alt+del

2. start a new task from task manager

3. Hit explorer.exe

However this fails saying a feature for windows 10 need to be installed call NTVDM. It tries to install and fails with error . Can somebody suggest me a solution to this?

RG_4083, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???

1. My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago??? - Similar Threads - Screen keeps turning

2. My computor randomly started to have blue screen critical process died a few days ago and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computor randomly started to have blue screen critical process died a few days ago and...: When i try to open my pc, it would blue screen, restart and then show the choose an option screen with continue, troubleshoot and turn off thingidk what it is called. I didnt download anything new and i have tried a variety of fixes which didnt work. i have not hard resetted...
  3. My computor randomly started to have blue screen critical process died a few days ago and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computor randomly started to have blue screen critical process died a few days ago and...: When i try to open my pc, it would blue screen, restart and then show the choose an option screen with continue, troubleshoot and turn off thingidk what it is called. I didnt download anything new and i have tried a variety of fixes which didnt work. i have not hard resetted...
  4. My computor randomly started to have blue screen critical process died a few days ago and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...: my laptop has two refresh rate 60 hz and 144 hz it was functioning properly but few days ago screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate , when i switched to 60 hz by external display it is woking but not working on 144 hz refresh rateI have Asus duf dash f15 laptop with intel...
  6. My screen randomly turns black.

My screen randomly turns black.: HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the power button to use it again. It moustly happens when I visit certain websites - fx facebookNow I don't have any other...
  7. Random black screens throughout the day

Random black screens throughout the day: Why the pc is in idle using discord/watching youtube random black screens occur. I get no warning to it,it's instant.The screen goes black and then the PC restarts. This started happening after I reinstalled windows I changed my motherboard and CPU and I wanted to...
  8. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  9. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  10. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...