Windows 10: My screen keeps turning off automatically

Discus and support My screen keeps turning off automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My HP Notebook keeps turning its screen off after around 5 minutes of inactivity. I have all the settings set to never turn off or go into sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OurImp111775282, Jun 27, 2019.

1. My screen keeps turning off automatically

My HP Notebook keeps turning its screen off after around 5 minutes of inactivity. I have all the settings set to never turn off or go into sleep mode/turn off. I also have my screen saver to none. Yet it still keeps turning off, and no it is not overheating.

:)

OurImp111775282, Jun 27, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

My screen keeps turning off automatically

how do I turn off full screen in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Start Screen in windows 10?
    If you’re referring to Start screen in windows 10, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings.

• Select personalization.

• Select Start from the left panel of the window.

• Turn off Use Start Full Screen and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

My screen keeps turning off automatically

1. My screen keeps turning off automatically - Similar Threads - screen keeps turning

2. Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically: No matter how many minutes I set in Windows 11 for my screen to turn off automatically, it does not.The problem has existed for about a month, around the same time I installed on my PC and started using Teams for my work. Is there any known issue with Teams disabling screen...
  3. Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not turning off my screen automatically: No matter how many minutes I set in Windows 11 for my screen to turn off automatically, it does not.The problem has existed for about a month, around the same time I installed on my PC and started using Teams for my work. Is there any known issue with Teams disabling screen...
  4. When I keep my laptop on for a while and the screen automatically turns off but for some...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I keep my laptop on for a while and the screen automatically turns off but for some...: I am using a I3 laptop with 12 GB ram4GB +8 GB extended with Windows 10 installed in an SSD. I installed windows very recently and from that I started facing this problem. My screen goes off automatically as usual but it gets stuck, it never turns on. The laptop is on but the...
  5. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  6. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  7. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  9. Turn off screen but keep sound on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off screen but keep sound on: My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on...
  10. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....