Windows 10: My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

Discus and support My screen locking itself while I'm using it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NickoR., Dec 6, 2021.

1. NickoR. Win User

My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid my pc from locking I open a software Live 11 Ableton and keep it open even if I don't use it.I want to use my PC without opening this software.Please help me with this.Thank you in advance.

:)

NickoR., Dec 6, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

My screen locking itself while I'm using it. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 6, 2021
  4. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

1. My screen locking itself while I'm using it. - Similar Threads - screen locking itself

2. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.: My Windows PC - despite having auto sleep and dynamic lock disabled will lock itself / go to sleep while I am writing an email, while I am on a call, while I am working in a spredsheet - doesn't matter I can be mid mouse click or keystroke and I will have to log back in and...
  3. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.: My Windows PC - despite having auto sleep and dynamic lock disabled will lock itself / go to sleep while I am writing an email, while I am on a call, while I am working in a spredsheet - doesn't matter I can be mid mouse click or keystroke and I will have to log back in and...
  4. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen locking itself while I'm using it.: Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid...
  6. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  7. My PC locking itself while playing CS:GO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC locking itself while playing CS:GO: Hello, when I play The game known as CS:GO my pc locks itself, let me elaborate, so when I join a competitive game, there is a warmup time, and almost every single time, after a short period of time in the warmup, my pc locks itself. Boom, i just disconnected from the server...
  8. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  9. My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!: Why does my laptop (DELL) keep locking itself while I AM USING it, it happens unexpectedly every 10 mins and its getting really annoying, i cant even watch movies or play games without it being locked lots of times. What could be the problem here? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  10. Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system: I have randomly been having a problem with Windows locking my screen, as if due to inactivity, while I'm in the middle of using the computer for various tasks. I might be browsing the web, editing photos, or typing in Word, when all of the sudden, the screen blanks out and...