Windows 10: My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia...

Discus and support My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheChunche [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheChunche, Apr 4, 2021.

1. My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia...

/u/TheChunche, Apr 4, 2021

2. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore
    using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

ThiagoBarbosa9, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Flickering screen under Windows 10 - Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

Wow! Just what I have been looking for. I also own a Dell XPS 2720 and have had the exact same problem for a very long time, but I was able to eliminate it by downgrading to an old Intel driver version. After updating to Windows 10 Creators Update,
    downgrading was no longer possible.

I followed your suggestions with a few tweaks. Here is what I did:

• Downloaded DDU Display Driver Uninstaller
    • Downloaded the latest 2017 Intel HD4600 driver here:
      https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600
    • Ran DDU twice to remove both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • (afterwards with no drivers installed, my screen kept flashing like crazy)
    • Installed the latest Intel HD4600 driver
    • Within a few minutes, Windows 10 “wisely” downgraded the Intel HD4600 driver to its own faulty version, but luckily, I was now able to open Properties for the Intel HD4600 driver and select the button with “Cancel driver update”. The driver now rolled
      back to my brand new 2017 version. I expect (and hope) it stays on this version.
    • Windows 10 automatically installed the Nvidia driver without problems.
    • Problem solved! Thanks for the inspiration.

F. Christensen, Apr 4, 2021
  4. My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia...

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia...

1. My screen looks like this, updated intel graphic drivers, won't allow me to install nvidia... - Similar Threads - screen looks updated

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. NVIDIA driver search form won't allow me to make changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver search form won't allow me to make changes: When I tried to search for the latest Nvidia driver for my GPU, I was unable to make changes in the selection list (using Firefox). When I changed GTX 1050 to GTX 1050 Ti, it immediately jumped back to 1050. When I tried changing everything from the top, it locked in on...
  4. Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.: I'm unable to properly update my graphics Driver. It is a NVidia RTX 2080. Within about 20% of the install the computer reboots. This is not normal. Normally the display will go black then come back and the installation will finish, but not reboot the computer in the process....
  5. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  6. Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card

Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card: Recently I was trying to troubleshoot a program for streaming & recording, it said there was an option to choose between my nVidia card for high quality or onboard Intel HD Graphics for more free memory available. I found however I could not, my system only shows my nVidia...
  7. unable to install intel graphic driver

unable to install intel graphic driver: im getting the error " your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this software " while installing the display driver [ATTACH] can you please tell me why im getting the error ? ,in the device manager --> display drivers i cannot see the...
  8. Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing

Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing: Running win 10 home 1809 os build 17763.529 When trying to update my Intel graphics card to the latest through the Intel Driver and Support assistant I am met when trying to install it with the message "this driver is not supported" any solutions out there please? Intel...
  9. Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem: Hello there. Recently installed Latest Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1809 and i tried to install the latest graphics driver which is 419.35, but i get this error message when installing that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I've tried installing older...
  10. Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.

Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.: My old laptop has an Intel Series 4 Chipset Family in it, or Intel 4500M integrated graphics according to the manufacturer website. I'm trying to play a game (FTL), which by all accounts should run fine on my laptop, but it suffers from god awful frame rates which is/was a...