Windows 10: My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame

Discus and support My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently been having this problem for the past couple months where my screen will randomly go black while playing games and then freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wakarimasen1, Jan 16, 2021.

1. My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame

Hello, I have recently been having this problem for the past couple months where my screen will randomly go black while playing games and then freeze on the last displayed frame, the program will still be functional I just wont be able to see whats going on. The only way out is alt+f4 and I lose alot of saved work and have to redo what I had done last time. It is very annoying.

I have already tried uninstalling my graphics drivers using a DDU and reinstalling them, it did not help. I also tried uninstalling all software that may be affecting graphics ex. geforce experience and that also did not help. The problem isnt caused by overheating because it happens even when the laptop is at low temperatures, and whenever it does happen the event viewer outputs an error with the id of 4101.

If anyone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

:)

Wakarimasen1, Jan 16, 2021
  2. TODO5 Win User

Black Screen While Playing A Game.

Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there
    is still playing the audio, and there is no cursor]. I want to find out whats the problem.

TODO5, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Rahneesh Win User
    Black screen in some games after playing 10 - 30 min.

My pc .. dell 7567 i7
    Graphx.. nvidia 1050ti 4gb

Games like farcry primal,Mirror edge catalyst.. and don bradman cricet 2014.... got some issue.

After playing them about 10 min to 30 min (it varies) in between the gaming.. screen turns black and freezes the game.. then after a while game returns to normal ... means.. its like black frames coming in the game... please help me.

Rahneesh, Jan 16, 2021
  4. My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame

1. My screen randomly goes black while playing games, then screen freezes on last frame - Similar Threads - screen randomly goes

2. pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts: This has started happening today and so far has happened twice. A few minutes after opening my PC for the first time on this day, my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. Background noise from my call was able to be heard and I could speak as well. A few seconds after, my PC...
  3. pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts: This has started happening today and so far has happened twice. A few minutes after opening my PC for the first time on this day, my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. Background noise from my call was able to be heard and I could speak as well. A few seconds after, my PC...
  4. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  5. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  6. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  8. Black screen while playing games

Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  9. Black Screen While Playing A Game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen While Playing A Game.: Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there is still playing the...
  10. Screen going black while playing appaently random games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black while playing appaently random games: I have a long-time issue I can't figure out so I decided to ask for the common knowledge of the community to help me out. I have a weird issue with certain games but I can't see any apparent pattern in it. Some games show this issue, some don't. When I start playing,...