Windows 10: My screen randomly turns black.

Discus and support My screen randomly turns black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndersBorup, May 16, 2021.

1. My screen randomly turns black.

HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the power button to use it again. It moustly happens when I visit certain websites - fx facebookNow I don't have any other ideas, what I can do. I have tried updating my graphics driver, changing the power settings, updating windows to the latest build, swapping out my DP cabel, using HDMI instead of DP, uninstalling the software I installed after and arround the problem started accouring, turning of the factory overclock on my pc - the m

:)

AndersBorup, May 16, 2021
  2. p-jack Win User

screen turns black at random

i finally managed to install the latest catalyst package (6.9), and now.... whatever game i´m running, my screen randomly turns black for 2-3 seconds during gameplay... *Bang Head :banghead: could this be the VPURecover kicking in? Any ideas someone?

p-jack, May 16, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, May 16, 2021
  4. My screen randomly turns black.

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, May 16, 2021
Thema:

My screen randomly turns black.

1. My screen randomly turns black. - Similar Threads - screen randomly turns

2. My screen randomly turns black and my computer restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen randomly turns black and my computer restarts: So when i'm playing or just sitting here watching YouTube or something my monitors just goes black and my computer restarts after like 20 seconds. Also perfmon /rel shows that shutdown was unexpected and there is one with hardware error. This started like 2 months ago and now...
  3. My screen randomly turns black and my computer restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen randomly turns black and my computer restarts: So when i'm playing or just sitting here watching YouTube or something my monitors just goes black and my computer restarts after like 20 seconds. Also perfmon /rel shows that shutdown was unexpected and there is one with hardware error. This started like 2 months ago and now...
  4. My screen randomly turns black and my computer restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. dwm.exe crashing on me randomly and turning my screens black

dwm.exe crashing on me randomly and turning my screens black: Hello,I've been working with NVIDIA support and they have led me to a Microsoft issue so I am asking here instead. Whenever I play a game, my computer will work as normal for a while, but out of nowhere seemingly random intervals my screens will go black and I'll lose my...
  6. dwm.exe crashing on me randomly and turning my screens black

dwm.exe crashing on me randomly and turning my screens black: Hello,I've been working with NVIDIA support and they have led me to a Microsoft issue so I am asking here instead. Whenever I play a game, my computer will work as normal for a while, but out of nowhere seemingly random intervals my screens will go black and I'll lose my...
  7. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  8. apps randomly turn to a black screen

apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  9. apps randomly turn to a black screen

10. Screen randomly turns black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen randomly turns black: Hello, I have my laptop for several months now but recently it showed problems with a screen. From time to time the screen turns completely black with no cursor, or anything at all, visible. Apart from that, the computer seems to be intact and running music or movies are...