Windows 10: my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something

Discus and support my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer restarts every half an hour which is very annoying when in the middle of something. how can I stop this please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GraceMaycock, Sep 10, 2021.

1. my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something

My computer restarts every half an hour which is very annoying when in the middle of something. how can I stop this please?

:)

GraceMaycock, Sep 10, 2021

2. Screen goes black exactly every half hour

My Windows 10 pro desktop has begun an annoying habit. Every half hour, at exactly :02 or :32, the screen turns off, exactly as if I had left the machine unattended or not touched the keyboard or mouse in a long time. To be clear, this is while I am using the computer -- sometimes in the middle of typing or moving the mouse.

After it goes black, moving the mouse or touching the keyboard then turns it on again, bringing me to the locked screen, where I have to enter my PIN.

The power plan is set to never turn off the monitor.
    The screen saver settings are set to never fire the screen saver.
    Changing keyboard and mouse hardware has no effect.
    Virus scan turned up nothing.

While typing this, it brought up Windows 10 lock screen appears every 30 minutes regardless of activity as a possible question match. That question is over two years old, however, and has no answers; and my problem just started last week. So I would appreciate a fresh look at this.

Is there a way I can at least determine what process is locking the screen?

Ross Presser, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Screen splits down the middle after going to sleep

Sometimes when my PC goes in to sleep mode, the screen will be divided down the middle with one half 1cm higher than the other side. It fixes as soon as I restart my PC.

I haven't been able to find reference to this problem anywhere so far.

I've checked all my drivers, same problem.

What's the next step?

Cheers,

WyattHunter1, Sep 10, 2021
  4. my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something

Flashing half circles along the bottom of my screen

Hello Ian,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to login to the safe mode and check if the same issue persists.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshooting screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.
    [*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something

1. my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something - Similar Threads - screen restarts every

2. BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour: Hi,It's been a year since my PC randomly went to BSOD every half an hour.So now I want to get rid of it as it is so annoying and distracts me.I checked Event Viewer and said it was the problem of "TPM" with an error message of "The device driver for the Trusted Platform...
  3. BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour: Hi,It's been a year since my PC randomly went to BSOD every half an hour.So now I want to get rid of it as it is so annoying and distracts me.I checked Event Viewer and said it was the problem of "TPM" with an error message of "The device driver for the Trusted Platform...
  4. BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.

PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.: I've been able to use a few previous windows support articles to narrow down that it is a USB error of some sort. For right now I have 3 minidumps uploaded here, all were from today. What I don't understand is that I don't have a USB hub so I cannot to save my life figure out...
  6. Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/8/2022 12:03:23 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: PC-LIG3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  7. Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...

Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/8/2022 12:03:23 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: PC-LIG3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  8. My PC is making an error noise every half hour

My PC is making an error noise every half hour: Every so often my PC is making what sounds like an error noise. I have Windows 10. No apps are running, I've updated and have restarted and still it persists. Is anyone else experiencing this and what do I do about it?...
  9. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour

Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour: Hello, I'm getting a Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour without fail. It's been going on for about a week now and nothing has fixed it. I've updated all my drivers, all my apps, updated windows, etc. I've re-installed a lot of drivers and cleaned old...
  10. PC keeps freezing every half hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps freezing every half hour: Hello, A few days ago I noticed that my computer kept on freezing for about a second every 20-60 minutes. After it freezes, everything goes back to normal. I noticed that in Event Viewer, since October 22nd (which is around the time when I noticed it freezing), every now and...