Windows 10: My screen saver keeps resetting itself

Discus and support My screen saver keeps resetting itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screen saver keeps resetting itself to one minute after boot up, and then doesn't come on till I actually reset it back to four minutes. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abn505, Aug 15, 2015.

1. abn505 Win User

My screen saver keeps resetting itself

My screen saver keeps resetting itself to one minute after boot up, and then doesn't come on till I actually reset it back to four minutes. This happens after restarting my machine. I remember this happened to me years ago in XP, but can't remember what fixed it.

:)

abn505, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Windows 10 Screen Saver wait time keeps resetting to 1 minute

Hello Dottie,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Any changes made to the system that might have caused the issue? And do confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running, as this information
    is vital for us to proceed with the investigation. (Type winver
    into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

If you've tried to troubleshoot issues prior to posting your concern here in the Community, please provide the exact steps performed so we can further advise workaround.

If you haven't yet tried the workaround provided by MichaelBuchser, it is worth checking if that would do the trick.

Furthermore, if the issue persists even after following the mentioned method above, we might need to isolate by creating a new user profile, then check if you'd get the same thing there. See

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for guidelines.

We will keep an eye out for your update on this.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Screen Saver wait time keeps resetting to 1 minute

If you have Pro or Ultimate Windows run gpedit.msc as Administrator. Go to User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization/

Enable the Policy for Screensaver timeout, enter any value (for exaple 300 for 5mins).

Klick OK

Check if change has been applied (in Screensaver Window, the new value should be shown and greyed out).

You can now safely disable the policy, you should be able to set your desired timeout in the Screensaver Window.

MichaelBuchser, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

My screen saver keeps resetting itself

1. My screen saver keeps resetting itself - Similar Threads - screen saver keeps

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. Windows screen saver disable itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows screen saver disable itself: I have this problem for 5 years, I have reported it a lot of times, I have formatted 4 times since it first happened and I have it in every system with windows 10 on it.I set up the screen saver because I want the computers to run the screensaver when they are inactive and...
  4. Windows keep disabling my screen saver

Windows keep disabling my screen saver: Hello, I'm trying to figure out why on earth windows in every machine I own and operate, keep disabling my screen saver. At first I though this happens after windows updates but now it just happened in my workstation. I don't care if modern monitors don't need them, it is...
  5. The screen keeps locking itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The screen keeps locking itself: My laptop will suddenly lock itself after my battery turn to 60%..please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-keeps-locking-itself/1d2280e2-5d46-45de-ac30-441494fd27b2
  6. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  7. Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Saver: Hello, Please I use two monitors, how do I make my screen saver pictures display on both monitors instead of just one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/37f95b40-934c-4c9d-833c-09e187d32f33
  8. My PC keeps crashing/resetting itself after a load screen in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing/resetting itself after a load screen in games.: Freshly formatted PC, no 3rd party software or anything like that. When ever I try load my character into world on WoW or ESO the PC crashes and resets itself... All temps on PC are good, I've done stress tests and the PC doesn't crash then??? Specs: Intel i3-9100F @...
  9. Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize .

Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize .: I set the screen saver to " blank" and " 10 min. " and at some point it re-sets and won't initialize and the time is set to " 1 min. " It never comes on at that point. So, I set it again. and again at some point it's back to as if it was not set again. At first I thought...
  10. No screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068