Windows 10: My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer.

Discus and support My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; No matter which button I touch, the screen saver will flicker to scree access and back to screen saver in a split second flash. Last night it was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NassifBachrouche, May 4, 2021.

1. My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer.

No matter which button I touch, the screen saver will flicker to scree access and back to screen saver in a split second flash. Last night it was working fine. the following morning the computer in on complete lock down with screen saver and cannot be accessed. I tried restarting the computer; I tried CTRL-ALT-DEL.... nothing worked. I tried everything suggested online but without success.My computer is now completely on lock down and unaccessible due to screen saver taking it "hostage".

:)

NassifBachrouche, May 4, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Screen Saver won't turn off

Hi Bodine,

There may be an issue with the screen saver settings that is why you cannot turn off your screen saver using your mouse or keyboard. To resolve this issue, kindly disable the screen saver, and then re-enable it. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • On the left pane, select Lock screen.
    • On the right pane, click Screen saver settings.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose None.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Access the Screen Saver Settings window again.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose the screen saver that you want.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Check if you'll be able to turn off the screen saver using your mouse or keyboard.
    After performing the steps above, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, May 4, 2021
  3. Cannot access Screen saver settings on Windows 10.

Hi David,

The above issue might occur due to the following:

• You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
    • The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the computer.
    • The file has been moved or deleted.
    • The file or shortcut is corrupt.
    • The file may be blocked by Windows.
    • Your antivirus security software may be blocking the file.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How are you accessing screen saver settings (via Control panel or
      Settings page)?
    • Did you check if you have necessary permissions to access the settings?
    • Do you have any third party antivirus security software installed on the computer?

If you are trying to change the screen saver settings via Control panel check if you are facing similar issue Windows
    Settings page. To do so, follow the steps below and check if similar issue persists.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    • Click on Personalization and select Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.
    • Scroll down on the right side of the window and click on Screen saver settings.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, check if the action is blocked by the antivirus security software installed on the computer.

Write to us with the status of unable to access screen saver settings on the PC in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 4, 2021
  4. wmcole Win User

My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer.

windows 10 screen saver shortcut

Here is what I want: Same access / functionality as in Win 8.1. That is:

• Right-click empty desktop space.
    • Select "Personalize"
    • Get a window with the same screen saver options (turn on / off, select a "screen saver"...) that in Windows 10, Microsoft is forcing me to access through Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Personalization ->Change Screen Saver.
    The Windows 8.1 two-step process was a much more user-friendly "experience" than is the Windows 10 four-step process.

wmc

wmcole, May 4, 2021
Thema:

My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer.

1. My screen saver will not turn off and completely blocked access to the computer. - Similar Threads - screen saver turn

2. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified. What is most...
  3. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified....
  4. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified....
  5. can't turn off screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't turn off screen saver: So I set the screen saver to none and pressed apply but the screen still turns off and locks after the time i set in the grayed box. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku77fj/cant_turn_off_screen_saver/
  6. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  7. Screen saver turning off

Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  8. my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver

my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver: my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-saver-will-not-turn-off-in-windows-10/27a22585-19c2-463f-a9bb-3e3dd9d4c69c
  9. Turn off or work around screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off or work around screen saver: Hello! I would like to ask for some help with my predicament. On my work laptop with Win10 the screen saver is set to activate after 10 minutes of inactivity. This is extremely annoying because i am not doing always something on it, but i would like the screen to be always on...
  10. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....