Windows 10: My screen times out and goes blank after three minutes

Discus and support My screen times out and goes blank after three minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Window 10 up-to-date. If I am inactive for more than three minutes the screen times out and goes blank. I have checked the power settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by slhender1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. slhender1 Win User

My screen times out and goes blank after three minutes

I have Window 10 up-to-date. If I am inactive for more than three minutes the screen times out and goes blank. I have checked the power settings and all are for much longer. I can find no other setting that control this action. Need help.

:)

slhender1, Jan 16, 2019
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Juntao Win User
    monitor goes blank

about:blank

No my monitor is set to stay on all the time in power settings and there is no noise when it dies it just gets right to the blank and black screen and then if you wait a minute the screen gets to the check cable connection like there is no monitor at all.

Juntao, Jan 16, 2019
  4. cesrocks Win User

screen goes blank and locks.

screen goes blank after a very few minutes of nonuse. Locks and has to be unlocked. sucks

cesrocks, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My screen times out and goes blank after three minutes - Similar Threads - screen times goes

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 screen goes blank after two minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen goes blank after two minutes: I have windows 10 on a desktop computer. I have a problem that my computer screen shows a logon screen after two minutes and I have to log in again. After I login the computer returns to normal immediately for two minutes. My applications are still running and are...
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  7. My screen goes off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My screen goes off after a few minutes: Hello Today for the first time in a long time I opened a computer, bought two cans of compressed air and started cleaning the inside. After assembling the computer and connecting all devices (monitor, mouse, speakers), the first time the computer was turned on, a...
  8. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  9. my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help: I have several issues. I would like to get help setting the timeout on the lock screen. Also the adiokeeps cutting off .. the asio driver for my Arturia program.is being blocked by Wavetable synth.If wecould get these things to work I would bw greatful....
  10. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone times out and goes blank

2. windows times out blank