Windows 10: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

Discus and support My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SUSAN SAMSON, Apr 18, 2024.

1. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

:)

SUSAN SAMSON, Apr 18, 2024
  2. dpb5 Win User

Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Basically, problem is:

1. Screen display is neutral pre-login
    2. Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on
    3. night light is off in the settings, turning it on can make it even more red
    4. turning night light off again removes the extra color temp but not getting rid of it all the way

I've followed a number of posts on this issue, updating windows, turning off night shift, turning back on, checking that no monitor color profiles are turned on, etc. What I have found after experimentation though is that creating a new user on the computer
    and loging in as that user does not show the red shift problem, which points to something in my profile.

What I can't figure out is what is that something?

Does anyone have suggestions on fixing a broken profile or resetting the setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Reference Post, which was a different problem, but where the 'new user' suggestion was given:

Redirecting

3. N8 - Disable red light video recording

I saw this in a web page....¿anyone knows how?

Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:

• If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
    • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
    • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
    • And the D to correct the auto focus.

zidane1818, Apr 18, 2024
  4. browncat2 Win User

Computer All Of A Sudden Won’t Boot - Red CPU Debug Light ON

I have tried all I could at this point, from loading defaults, to bios flash ( blinks 3 red lights before stopping, tried numerous times to no avail ). And it won’t even let me update bios as loading into M Flash needs the PC to reset which ends up turning it off, not letting it load up again due to red CPU light appearing once more. It literally loads up sometimes and allows me to use it like I could before, then after restarting goes back to red CPU debug light. At first I thought it was the motherboard over all the other parts, now i’m second guessing for the PSU ( 600w Bronze EVGA ) as CPU may not be getting enough power to boot ? no clue at this point, also do not have spare parts to test PC so that’s out of the picture. Aside from that I have tried pretty much everything listed above plus more, I will write it down below in case anyone views this and types a suggestion I have tried. reset CMOS ( battery & jump start ) flash BIOS ( only 3 lights flashed ) reset CPU reapplied thermal paste replaced CMOS battery tested ram sticks reset GPU set bios to default double checked all cables and parts are not loose Thank you to everyone who wrote a suggestion.

browncat2, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

1. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back - Similar Threads - screen turned light

2. How do I change flashing red light on key board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change flashing red light on key board: How do I stop the keyboard from flashing red https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-flashing-red-light-on-key-board/6c6f14fe-9c7d-4cf2-82d9-5f134e0fa8b2
  3. How do I change flashing red light on key board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change flashing red light on key board: How do I stop the keyboard from flashing red https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-flashing-red-light-on-key-board/6c6f14fe-9c7d-4cf2-82d9-5f134e0fa8b2
  4. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  5. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  6. My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?: My computer “locked” and turned off. How can I turn it back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-locked-and-turned-off-how-do-i-turn-it/590149fb-c2c9-4465-ab58-0589c7415e0b
  7. My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?: My computer “locked” and turned off. How can I turn it back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-locked-and-turned-off-how-do-i-turn-it/590149fb-c2c9-4465-ab58-0589c7415e0b
  8. How do I change my screen back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my screen back to normal.: I was playing fallout 3 from epic games and after a while the game froze. To solve it I tapped ctrl+esc and tapped the red X on the app from the taskbar. But after this everything was enlarged from everything on the browser to the notifications. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!...
  9. My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot.

My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot.: My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot. How can I turn it off? I haven't changed any settings; yesterday it was fine. I tried using different snipping tools, and the regular PrtSc button. All red. I have the night mode off, and everything else is regular. [ATTACH]...
  10. how do i turn on my back keyboard light

how do i turn on my back keyboard light: how do i turn on my back keyboard light to light up the letters and numbers on my windows 10 home HP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-back-keyboard-light/0a20bc4b-87bd-4c48-b0f7-26c7f05e70c5