Windows 10: My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7.

Discus and support My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In Setting, under Power & Sleep, the Screen setting for "When plugged in, turn off after" is set to 1 minute. The screen turns off after 1 minute and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by digeous, Sep 2, 2020.

1. digeous Win User

My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7.

In Setting, under Power & Sleep, the Screen setting for "When plugged in, turn off after" is set to 1 minute. The screen turns off after 1 minute and then automatically turns back on without requiring the lockscreen pin.

If you press Win+L to lock the screen, it stays on indefinitely and will not turn off. I've tried setting the Background to Windows Spotlight, Picture and Slideshow, but there is no difference.

Yesterday I spent 6 hours online with support updating the computer, checking various settings and their suggestion was to reinstall Windows. I'm sure their has to be a simpler solution than resetting the entire computer.

Something seems to be waking the computer after the screen is turned off. I went through the Network Adapters in Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer".

If you have any suggestions for how to keep the screen off, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

:)

digeous, Sep 2, 2020

2. I want to get the default images back for lock screen and desktop

Hi Ryan,

To change the lockscreen and desktop background to default, follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Background.
    • In the right pane, click on the drop down list under Background
      and select Picture.
    • Choose the default picture displayed below the drop down list.
    • Follow the same steps to change the lockscreen image as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 2, 2020
  3. OkeBear Win User
    Slideshow Lockscreen and Screen Timeout Issue

Hey all,

So I'm having an issue at the moment where I am wanting to get my system to display a Lockscreen Slideshow after 10 minutes, and then to turn off the display after an hour from that, but for some reason it's only turning off the screen and not displaying my
    Slideshow Lockscreen.

After checking the 'When PC is inactive, show the Lock Screen instead of turning off the screen' and changing the turn screen off option in Power & Sleep to 1 minute, the screen displays the Lockscreen Slideshow fine, but anything above 1 minute and it turns
    the screen straight off.

Any help with this?

Thanks.

OkeBear, Sep 2, 2020
  4. My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7.

24 hour clock on lockscreen

That's what I said *Tongue

Thanks for posting the additional screens that show the two Copy options being selected at the bottom

My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7. [​IMG]

Slartybart, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7.

1. My screen will not turn off. The lockscreen image displays 24/7. - Similar Threads - screen turn off

2. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  3. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  4. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?

How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?: How do I turn off this numpad? And why during a search can you see that many people have the same issue and no one successfully answers it? I'm on Windows 11, but this seems to have been occuring for as far back as 4 years now. Thanks in advance.BTW all accessibility options...
  6. How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?: How do I turn off this numpad? And why during a search can you see that many people have the same issue and no one successfully answers it? I'm on Windows 11, but this seems to have been occuring for as far back as 4 years now. Thanks in advance.BTW all accessibility options...
  7. how to turn off password on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off password on lockscreen: I want to be able to just turn my computer off without having to log in or do anything with a lockscreen. I have a lockscreen and log in using my pin. I'd rather just turn on my computer and be able to start gaming straight away...
  8. how to turn off password on lockscreen

how to turn off password on lockscreen: I want to be able to just turn my computer off without having to log in or do anything with a lockscreen. I have a lockscreen and log in using my pin. I'd rather just turn on my computer and be able to start gaming straight away...
  9. How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off on-screen numpad/keypad on lockscreen?: How do I turn off this numpad? Few months ago, I updated my PC and this numpad started appearing automatically. I searched everywhere but couldnt find an answer[IMG]...
  10. 24 hour clock on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    24 hour clock on lockscreen: I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24 hour clock. I have it set to 24 hour clock everywhere else but the lockscreen. In fact even in the preview for the lockscreen...