Windows 10: My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly

Discus and support My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having a huge issue with the display of my screen. My resolution or aspect ratio is appearing incorrectly. I am an artist and make digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gaigeriel, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Gaigeriel Win User

My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly

I have been having a huge issue with the display of my screen. My resolution or aspect ratio is appearing incorrectly. I am an artist and make digital art and I have been faced with a very annoying issue that I am unsure how to fix. So basically my screen is displaying taller than what it really should be although this is hardly noticeable at first, whenever I export an image it is slightly wider when viewing the image on my phone or any other device and I had a friend test this out with me. Either my screen is slightly stretched upward or slightly squished in. Before you suggest I got to my display settings or advanced display settings I have already tried several methods online I have seen. This is incredibly frustrating because my main use of my computer is creating digital art and it is very difficult to do that when what I am seeing on my screen is different than how my drawings are actually appearing. I have also tested my drawing program and that is not the issue, I'm certain its my display because directly comparing the same image on my phone to my screen of my computer they are noticeably different. I also screen shared for my friend and it appeared normal for him so that confirms to me that it is something to do with my own display. Any help with this would be immensely appreciated I know it sounds kind of confusing but I explained in the best way I could articulate

:)

Gaigeriel, Oct 25, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Task View and Start Screen aren't displaying background correctly on an ultrawide display

Hi,

We suggest to change your screen resolution and check if the issue persists.

Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your screen.

The resolution you can use depends on the resolution your monitor supports.

The larger the monitor, usually the higher the resolution it supports. Whether you can increase your screen resolution depends on the size and capability of your monitor and the type of video card you have.

Note: When you change the screen resolution, it affects all users who log on to the computer. When you set your monitor to a screen resolution that it can't support, the screen will go black for a few seconds while the monitor reverts back
    to the original resolution.

To change the screen resolution, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display, then click Advanced display settings.
    • Click the drop-down list, and select what resolution is recommended.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly - Similar Threads - screen's resolution displaying

2. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  3. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  4. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  5. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  6. Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in: I've checked the display resolution and the scale in the display settings of my PC and on my graphics card, the resolution matches my monitor, 1280 by 800, and the scale is set to only 100%, however the display is cutting off alot of the screen near the edges, it all looks...
  7. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...
  8. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution: My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam,...
  9. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...