Windows 10: My screensaver doesn't start

Discus and support My screensaver doesn't start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yeah I looked at other forums, it didn't help at all, I've set my screensaver to play after 1 minute of idling, I reset my power plan thing through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MegaMonkey, May 4, 2020.

1. My screensaver doesn't start

Yeah I looked at other forums, it didn't help at all, I've set my screensaver to play after 1 minute of idling, I reset my power plan thing through control panel, I checked for updates, the only idea I have is that my mouse sensor might be a bit stupid? Sometimes when my display is off, my the display will come back on by itself without me touching it? But I just figured that might be my pc being dumb as it always does

:)

MegaMonkey, May 4, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My screensaver doesn't start [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 4, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

My screensaver doesn't start [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 4, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

My screensaver doesn't start

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.My screensaver doesn't start :)

terrace, May 4, 2020
Thema:

My screensaver doesn't start

1. My screensaver doesn't start - Similar Threads - screensaver doesn't start

2. Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver doesn't start and screen doesn't lock: Since the installation of KB5003690 the screensaver doesn't work properly and the screen doesn't lock.I have the screensaver configured to activate 4 minutes after inactivity and the screen to turn off 1 minute after that.When i boot the computer, it works properly...
  3. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver won't start: I'm on desktop PC. My screensaver won't start after set period of time. I recently used 3rd party screensaver program (called League Display) but it's uninstalled now. I'm not 100% sure if that was the cause or not but I'm suspecting it. Here's what I've tried so far: Reboot...
  4. Screensaver doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screensaver doesn't work: My screensaver wasn't working, I updated & downloaded the display driver and it worked for about 2 hot seconds now nothing again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-doesnt-work/98cadde8-cb0a-4a55-9127-7f5cdc806b06
  5. screensaver doesn't work

screensaver doesn't work: I just did the latest update to Windows 10 and now my screensavers won't work. All I get is a black screen that is hard to get out of. I have to do a Control+Alt+Delete to get the computer to respond. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks - appreciate the help...
  6. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver won't start: For whatever reason my screensaver stopped working recently. I have it set to display photos but when the time I've set it to (30 mins) runs out nothing happens. I did some Google searching and quite a number of people with similar issues seemed to get different kind of...
  7. Screensaver won't start

Screensaver won't start: I noticed these days screensaver doesn't start. I tried to reset theme, also apply different screensaver, but nothing helps. Please help. I don't like leaving my monitor on a static picture. 73924
  8. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107471
  9. Screensaver doesn't work with pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver doesn't work with pictures: I know some people have had issues with the screensaver not working. In my case all the screensavers work, except the one I want -pictures. I have always used pictures as a screensaver with other windows os with no problem. What happens is I can see the pictures scrolling...
  10. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200