Windows 10: My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

Discus and support My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A while back I accidentally moved the screenshots folder into a USB and when I returned the file I found out the whenever I take a screenshot it not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevinjhgfd, Mar 22, 2019.

1. My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

A while back I accidentally moved the screenshots folder into a USB and when I returned the file I found out the whenever I take a screenshot it not only doesn't go to the folder but is nowhere to be found nowhere to be found

:)

Kevinjhgfd, Mar 22, 2019

2. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Mar 22, 2019
  3. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Ethan B. Win User

My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

It probably just would create a new Screenshots folder to replace the one you moved from the Pictures folder and save screenshots there, but the auto-saving function would work regardless.

If you're sure to move your screenshots to a different directory, what you can do is go to the Pictures folder then right-click that Screenshots folder, and hit Properties. Go to the Location tab, then once you know wherever you want to move your screenshots
    to, hit Move..., find the directory, navigate to where you want to put it, make a new folder if you wish, then left-click the folder once, and hit Select Folder.

Ethan B., Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

1. My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder - Similar Threads - screenshots aren't going

2. Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.: As the title said, i deleted my screenshot folder off of one drive or something. The I recovered it, and its still in the pictures files. But no new screenshots go there despite saying they do....
  3. Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Screenshot folder, restored it, screenshots dont go there anymore.: As the title said, i deleted my screenshot folder off of one drive or something. The I recovered it, and its still in the pictures files. But no new screenshots go there despite saying they do....
  4. Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots not populated in screenshot folder: I have taken numerous screenshots using the windows key+prnt screen shortcut. The preview box isnt showing up anymore and they shots arent in the screenshot folder BUT if I paste into a Word Doc the last screen shot pastes so clearly they are being taken. My questions are-...
  5. Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots Not Appearing In Screenshot Folder: So every time i take a screenshot Windows Key + Print Scr it never appears in my folder this started happening today and i dont know where my screen shots are can i have some help???...
  6. Screenshots and screenshot folder

Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  7. Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore: I just realized how my screenshots aren't being saved in my screenshot folder anymore when I press Prt Scr. I don't have much more to say besides I just don't see the pictures in my folder anymore after I press that key. Thank you...
  8. My Screenshot Folder

My Screenshot Folder: Hello, I tried to move my screenshot location since my Windows C: is getting full, and I moved it to my Data D: and I forgot to place a folder so every time I take a screenshot its just there in the Data D:. May I ask how to relocate my saved screenshots, and how to properly...
  9. Is there a way for Screenshots to not go straight to clipboard, but to go to the screenshot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for Screenshots to not go straight to clipboard, but to go to the screenshot...: When taking a screenshot and selecting the part of the page you want to screenshot, it always goes straight to clipboard. Can I change it to go to the screenshot folder? When just screenshotting the entire screen, it goes there. submitted by /u/cruelsummer97 [link]...
  10. How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?: until recently I could take a screenshot and it went directly into my Screenshot folder without having to paste it somewhere else and save it. How do I restore it to make it automatically go there again please?...