Windows 10: My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse

Discus and support My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This may be the same as this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xxxxxAnthony, Sep 1, 2021.

1. My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse

This may be the same as this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-keeps-scrolling-back-by-itself/e1dce8ac-c3aa-4ca8-bf83-835313d660acBut it has only just started for me it makes some applications unworkable, different behaviour in different appsL:FileManager: If scrolling by wheel, no problem, when scrolling by selecting the scroll bar and dragging, on release the bar scrolls back to the start.Chrome: When scolling by wheel, no problem, when scrolling by selecting the scroll bar and dragging, the scroll bar jams after 100 pixels or so and needs to be reselect

:)

xxxxxAnthony, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Pedr Win User

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Pedr, Sep 1, 2021
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Sep 1, 2021
  4. My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse

TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse tpu.png

anticlutch, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse

1. My scroll bars have started returning on their own, when scrolled by mouse - Similar Threads - scroll bars started

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?: I've been having a major problem. I cannot move down to view anything because the scroll bar automatically moves back up anytime I try to move down.I already reset Windows 10 and waited hours and hours to reinstall windows and it's still happening. I even attempted to...
  4. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?: I've been having a major problem. I cannot move down to view anything because the scroll bar automatically moves back up anytime I try to move down.I already reset Windows 10 and waited hours and hours to reinstall windows and it's still happening. I even attempted to...
  5. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  7. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  8. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  9. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  10. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...