Windows 10: My scroll wheel changes volume

Discus and support My scroll wheel changes volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamIslam, May 9, 2019.

1. LiamIslam Win User

My scroll wheel changes volume

So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to permanently disable it form windows?

:)

LiamIslam, May 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, May 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Mouse scroll wheel

Hi Nobby,

Check near the scrolling wheel is there a dpi button?

The button can also be used to switch between normal and media mode by holding it for 3 seconds

When your mouse is in Media Mode the wheel controls the volume and does not scroll documents . ..

DaveM121, May 9, 2019
  4. NobbyLud Win User

Mouse scroll wheel

Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently?

NobbyLud, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. My scroll wheel changes volume - Similar Threads - scroll wheel changes

2. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  3. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  5. Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume: When I use either the mute button or volume scroll on my keyboard, they change the volume on the overlay, but that volume isn't linked to the actual volume of Windows. I can manually change the volume by clicking on the sound icon and moving my mouse, but I'd like to have...
  6. Temporary scroll wheel speed changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary scroll wheel speed changes: I've noticed this issue across several device/mouse combinations. Basically, the scroll wheel will move, say, 3 lines regularly. Then for about 10 seconds, it will scroll WAY more than that, then drop back to the default settings. The searching I have done only returns...
  7. The scroll wheel on my mouse.

The scroll wheel on my mouse.: Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel it changes my CPI I think because in the top left the amount I think its called will increase or decrease but the scroll wheel won't work on anything else. What do I do to fix this?...
  8. change scroll wheel settings?

change scroll wheel settings?: is there any way to change the direction of the mouse scroll wheel, as I recently changed from mac to windows and I prefer the mac scroll direction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scroll-wheel-settings/8a2cf639-e568-4482-a2fa-9bb83c58abb7
  9. Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge: I have recently noticed that when in Edge browser, if I roll the wheel on my mouse, it jumps to previously viewed pages. The only way to stop this is to left click on the page, then I can use the wheel to scroll down the page I'm viewing. Is there a setting somewhere to stop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i scroll it changes volume