Windows 10: My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

Discus and support My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10. I want to improve my SSD performance. It often goes to 100% on the Task Manager, My controller is is listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rocky Tok, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Rocky Tok Win User

My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10. I want to improve my SSD performance. It often goes to 100% on the Task Manager, My controller is is listed as "IntelR 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller" with driver version 14.8.11.1056. The driver date is 2016. Is there a driver update for me that might be helpful? I searched for updates on https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com, but I cannot find a similarly named driver. I see plenty of Intel HDC drivers, but that's it.

:)

Rocky Tok, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 6, 2023
  4. My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

1. My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help? - Similar Threads - SDD Performance discouraging

2. My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10. I want to improve my SSD performance. It often goes to 100% on the Task Manager, My controller is is listed as "IntelR 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller" with driver version 14.8.11.1056. The...
  3. My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SDD Performance is discouraging. Could a driver update help?: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10. I want to improve my SSD performance. It often goes to 100% on the Task Manager, My controller is is listed as "IntelR 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller" with driver version 14.8.11.1056. The...
  4. SDD keeps disconecting, maybe could be the SATA Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDD keeps disconecting, maybe could be the SATA Cable: Good morning.In previous posts I have reached out for the help of the community in search of an answer for a problem my trusty laptop has been suffering. An Acer aspire almost five years old, more than a year ago received a brand new SDD and a ram stick. The last few months...
  5. SDD keeps disconecting, maybe could be the SATA Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDD keeps disconecting, maybe could be the SATA Cable: Good morning.In previous posts I have reached out for the help of the community in search of an answer for a problem my trusty laptop has been suffering. An Acer aspire almost five years old, more than a year ago received a brand new SDD and a ram stick. The last few months...
  6. SDD keeps disconecting, maybe could be the SATA Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. [HELP] SDD disappeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] SDD disappeared?: Alright, so, I decided today that I would reset my computer, I do it and it begins resetting. Once it reached 100%, automatic repair came up and started diagnosing a problem. Once it finished, it said "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". I was confused. After an hour...
  8. My SDD "might crash at any moment" - help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SDD "might crash at any moment" - help!: Hello My PC seems to be working fine, except that when I reboot it I am getting a dire error message on the American Megatrends AMIBIOS screen "WARNING! Please back up your data and replace your hard disk drive." "WARNING! Your HDD/SDD might crash at any moment."...
  9. Could these things somehow slow the performance of my system?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Could these things somehow slow the performance of my system?: Hey, When you delete a file it disappears from the system but the data stays on the hard drive, right? Is there something like too much data on the hard drive? If so, could it somehow slow down the performance of the system? Just askin' because I've been deleting a lot of...
  10. Performance Related Driver Updates Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Related Driver Updates Question: Hi All If I update the following drivers, that Driver Easy Found, will it affect Windows 10 Sleep Mode from working, the following drivers it says need updating are AMD SMBUS I believe It was, AMD Serial ATA Controller, Realtek Audio drivers, and another one that I can't...