Windows 10: My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything

Discus and support My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything in Cortana to solve the problem; hello my search box is closing so many times when i try to search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AryanAnand1, Aug 1, 2021.

1. My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything

hello my search box is closing so many times when i try to search

:)

AryanAnand1, Aug 1, 2021
  2. AlinNYC Win User

idenxing/seach in Safe mode windows 10

Hi-Is there a way to idenxing/seach in Safe mode windows 10 ?

AlinNYC, Aug 1, 2021
  3. seach box

How can't you use it...?

Bill Smithers, Aug 1, 2021
  4. My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything

Is Cortana as poor a seach as perceived

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, let us know if there were any changes made on your computer prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to boot your Windows 10 computer into Safe Mode to isolate the issue. You may check this

Microsoft article
    for more information.

We also suggest that you run a System File Check. System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that scans for corrupted Windows system files. If it finds a problem, it will try to replace the problematic system files from a cached version that’s on
    your PC. If SFC can’t replace the files, the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM) can check the corrupted files then download and replace the files through Windows Update.

To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /).
      Scanning will take a few minutes.
    • Do one of the following, depending on the results of the scan:
      • If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and see if that improves your PC’s performance.
      • If SFC doesn’t find corrupted files or finds corrupted files but can’t replace them, try using the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM).

For more info about System File Checker, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

To use the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM), follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space between dism.exe and / and each switch (/)).
    • If DISM finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and see if that improves your PC's performance.

Note: You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM, and it might take several minutes to finish.

For more info about DISM, see
    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything

1. My seach box is just closing when i try to seach anything - Similar Threads - seach box closing

2. Store no show Whatsapp at seach result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store no show Whatsapp at seach result: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-no-show-whatsapp-at-seach-result/1a7bb083-29e9-4224-a542-52cc1b402df1
  3. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Cortana
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  4. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  5. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

6. Profile pic not shown in seach box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile pic not shown in seach box: [ATTACH] I had a Windows 10 update yesterday, and I quickly noticed that the search field had altered slightly. However, my profile picture does not appear in the box. Right now its using my first name initial...
  7. Windows Seach not showing another Half

Windows Seach not showing another Half: Sorry for my bad englishSo i wanted to ask about My Windows search, why is that showing like that, Is this a bug or it is like thatWindows 10 version 21H2Thank you...
  8. seach bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seach bar: When I type in my search bar ,no results found keep coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seach-bar/5db47960-0ff1-4d25-bbf2-26553dfe6d74
  9. my windows icon and seach will not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my windows icon and seach will not work: can't get to my programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-icon-and-seach-will-not-work/a12a0735-34fe-4551-9a10-37753bdc1bf1
  10. Start Menu and seach window will not respond

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and seach window will not respond: I upgraded to 10 Home yesterday and everything seemed to work fine. Today after deleting several files from my photos the system hung and I had to do a power off reboot. After that the start menu wont come up and the search window won't accept any text. Right click on the...